Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    You're hardly the only person that feels that way. A lot of people have been saying that for a while. He's like Vince Vaughn in that he cannot be the main character unless he's got a couple of good comedy actors around him.
    you take that back...Vince Vaughn is twice the actor that Will Ferrell is. Hes much much funnier as well. I love Vince Vaughn, but I agree Ferrell's act is getting old. That said, I still love Anchorman, Blades of Glory, Old School and Talladega Nights.

And I jsut watched the red band trailers for Step Brothers and Pineapple Express. Step Brothers looks like it could have some funny moments, but Pineapple Express is going to kick all kinds of ass.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I like Vince Vaughn, but Ferrell is easily the funniest actor right now IMO anyway. Anchorman was his masterpiece, and Anchorman 2 might be even better. I hear they're gonna do some flashback scenes to Burgundy's younger days like a spoof on the Godfather 2, and it might be where he was a field reporter for Vietnam.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
        my friend saw step-brothers (works in a theater) today and said it was one of the 5 worst movies he's ever seen.
        Well obviously, John C. Reilly is in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          I like Vince Vaughn, but Ferrell is easily the funniest actor right now IMO anyway. Anchorman was his masterpiece, and Anchorman 2 might be even better. I hear they're gonna do some flashback scenes to Burgundy's younger days like a spoof on the Godfather 2, and it might be where he was a field reporter for Vietnam.
          Man, there is no way that will ferrell is the funniest actor in hollywood right now...I think alot of his stuff is horribly overrated, and while I do enjoy some of his older work, his recent stuff has been severely lacking...guys like Paul Rudd, Jack Black, Adam Sandler, and even guys like Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller to an extent are funnier and more diverse IMO then Will Ferrell.
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            you take that back...Vince Vaughn is twice the actor that Will Ferrell is. Hes much much funnier as well. I love Vince Vaughn, but I agree Ferrell's act is getting old. That said, I still love Anchorman, Blades of Glory, Old School and Talladega Nights.
            No he's not. Vince Vaughn literally has no range whatsoever and his attempts at dramatic roles (Psycho remake, Domestic Disturbance) were both massive failures. Ferrell at least succeeded in his dramatic attempt to an extent, which is enough to show that he has much more range.

Originally posted by holt_bruce81
            Huh? Are you saying John C. is a bad actor?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• John C. Reilly was golden in everything he did in the 90's and really anything pre comedy. Reed Roesthchild is one of my all time favorite characters. Even in his comedies he really isn't that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                No he's not. Vince Vaughn literally has no range whatsoever and his attempts at dramatic roles (Psycho remake, Domestic Disturbance) were both massive failures. Ferrell at least succeeded in his dramatic attempt to an extent, which is enough to show that he has much more range.

Huh? Are you saying John C. is a bad actor?
                I actually quite enjoyed Vince Vaughn in Clay Pigeons and The Cell.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                  Are you ******* serious right now? Have you not seen:

-Chicago
                  -Magnolia
                  -Perfect Storm
                  -Criminal
                  -Thin Red Line
                  -Boogie Nights

My god, wtf? He was brilliant before he was introduced to McKay and Co.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Reilly > You

I loved him in Chicago. he kinda need to play more of these pity roles

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      Man, there is no way that will ferrell is the funniest actor in hollywood right now...I think alot of his stuff is horribly overrated, and while I do enjoy some of his older work, his recent stuff has been severely lacking...guys like Paul Rudd, Jack Black, Adam Sandler, and even guys like Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller to an extent are funnier and more diverse IMO then Will Ferrell.
                      Sandler lost it after the Waterboy. I guess he matured his style too much. He hasn't made one great comedy since. Some decent comedies but no Billy Madison, Wedding Singer, or Happy Gilmore or even close to those since. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller I love and if someone said Stiler was the funniest actor now I wouldn't argue that, but he has made a lot of movies and a lot of them were pretty flat (not all his fault at all). I love Black's too. But I don't think any of those guys can go off like Ferrell, I can't imagine acting with him in the SNL days or on movies like Anchorman, Elf, and Ricky Bobby without cracking up every take.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Sandler lost it after the Waterboy. I guess he matured his style too much. He hasn't made one great comedy since. Some decent comedies but no Billy Madison, Wedding Singer, or Happy Gilmore or even close to those since. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller I love and if someone said Stiler was the funniest actor now I wouldn't argue that, but he has made a lot of movies and a lot of them were pretty flat (not all his fault at all). I love Black's too. But I don't think any of those guys can go off like Ferrell, I can't imagine acting with him in the SNL days or on movies like Anchorman, Elf, and Ricky Bobby without cracking up every take.
                        Funniest man acting consistently:

Also, Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller basically play variations on characters they've already played in their current movies. Just doesn't work anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• thats those days though. APS didnt say that they are the best, but imo they are all better then Ferrell who is really overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Also, Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller basically play variations on characters they've already played in their current movies. Just doesn't work anymore.
                            Owen Wilson is awful. His brother has all the talent (and has been in some rather good movies, too).

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              Owen Wilson is awful. His brother has all the talent (and has been in some rather good movies, too).
                              Owen Wilson isnt awful. In fact, hes one of the funnier actors out there IMO. Maybe not in a conventional sense, but some of his earlier movies especially portrayed a very gifted comedic talent. And not jsut acting wise. He does alot of writing as well. Bottle Rocket was ******* fantastic. I cant say enough about The Royal Tenenbaums its one of my favourite movies. Wedding Crashers is my favourite comedy in recent memory, and lets not forget funny films like Zoolander, Shanghai Noon, and Meet the Parents. And the Wes Anderson classics like The Darjeeling Limited and The Life Aquatic. Hell, he was even in Armageddon. Owen Wilson isnt awful at all. I love both him and Luke Wilson, they are both great comedic talents.

Comment

• I better not be hearing people talk negatively about Will Ferrell! :)
                                Scott Wright, President
                                Draft Countdown.com
                                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information