Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    I better not be hearing people talk negatively about Will Ferrell! :)
    You seeing Step-Brothers this weekend. I think as far as Will Ferrell movies go, it will be one of the better ones.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• They'll never catch me... because I'm ******* innocent.

Owen Wilson was indeed awesome in Bottle Rocket.

Comment

• I don't get the love that Wedding Crashers gets. It takes a massive decline in the second half with it's lack of comedy and it has the usual frat pack one dimensional boyfriend opposition character. I think all of Apatow's major movies have been better.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• And another thing, Owen Wilson collaborated in writing Bottle Rocket, The Royal Tenenbaums and ******* Rushmore. All awesome comedic works. And they all are alot more intricate and more funny then Steve Carrell shouting Kelly Clarkson. Not that I hate Judd Apatow films, but Owen Wilson is a much more gifted comedic force then Steve Carrell.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• It is the supporting cast of 40 Year Old Virgin that really makes it hilarious IMO.

Comment

• I loved Will Farrell in Semi-Pro I couldn't stop laughing throughout most of the movie same thing with Blades of Glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                You seeing Step-Brothers this weekend. I think as far as Will Ferrell movies go, it will be one of the better ones.
                I will see anything Will Ferrell is in.

Step Brothers looks funny though.

"He'll never know you're gone."
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

"Hey there miss lady"

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    And another thing, Owen Wilson collaborated in writing Bottle Rocket, The Royal Tenenbaums and ******* Rushmore. All awesome comedic works. And they all are alot more intricate and more funny then Steve Carrell shouting Kelly Clarkson. Not that I hate Judd Apatow films, but Owen Wilson is a much more gifted comedic force then Steve Carrell.
                    Not that I'm doubting Steve Carell here, he is a comedy talent IMO, but he takes the same roles for the most part. The dumb roles supported by his main character Michael Scott. The Get Smarts (although he is ideal for this one), the Dan in Real Lifes, the Evan Almightys. I was a fan of the Andy role but Carell would definitely benefit from dark comedy, like his role as the ***, suicidal Proust scholar Frank in Little Miss Sunshine.

Also what you're missing APS, is that Anderson's comedy is way too sophisticated to be the high grossing popcorn films that the average McKay films are. The comedy is dark and not blatant. I love Anderson to death but he can't take the step from indie without comedy that the average American viewer is accustomed too.

Anderson's movies are critically acclaimed but usually fail when it comes to the average viewer.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• I would consider myself a Ferrell fan and I still say his best is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I also happen to think he stuff on SNL is brilliant.

Comment

Scott!

Are you meeting me for pierogis next week!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          I would consider myself a Ferrell fan and I still say his best is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I also happen to think he stuff on SNL is brilliant.
                          We Don't Want To Rub The Clit The Wrong Way

I'd take Willenholly over any Ferrell Movie Character any day

Comment

• I think people are showing too much respect saying Sandler and Ferrell "lost it" after Waterboy and Talledega Nights, respectively. If you ask me, they lost it during those movies.
                            And while I don't have much hope for Step-Brothers, the "He'll never know you're gone" line made me laugh

Comment

• I think KeyLime argued that Sandler matured to much as a comedian after Waterbiy so he is not longer as funny. I agree, Sandler is the most mature comedian alive. Not really.

Comment

• I actually really really enjoyed Stranger then Fiction. It was such a departure from his more famous flicks, the way he was so understated in it was great. The "I bought you flours" scene and "The whole wide world" scene really made the movie for me. By far my favorite from Ferrell.
                                Last edited by Paul; 07-24-2008, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information