No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously people, go to G4 right now. This movie makes "There Will Be Blood" look like "Gigli".

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Saw Step Brothers earlier today and I thought it was pretty darn good. Had a lot of good laughs and I definitely was surprised at how much swearing there was. Obviously, I have nothing against it and normally wouldn't notice swearing but it was almost exhausting. But still very funny, and if you go don't forget to stay for a few minutes through the the start of the credits, its well worth it.

Comment

• Finally saw In Bruges, and it was pretty amazing.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Haven't been on in a while but it seems like this thread is still alive and kicking. Saw Step Brothers tonight and it was meh to me. Had it's ups and downs but i'd give it a 5 out of 10.

The Dark Knight however surpassed all my dreams and expectations and I even got to see it in IMAX!!!!! Excellent all around. 9 out of 10.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• My most anticipated film is in the sig.

Comment

• i get to see pineapply express this tuesday yay

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
                i get to see pineapply express this tuesday yay
                If you say something Bantx other than a simple opinion, I will personally hurt you in ways you cannot imagine.

Thug Life!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
                  i get to see pineapply express this tuesday yay
                  My friend saw it a couple nights ago at a screening, he was it wasn't bad but it wasn't cry-from-laughter hilarious; certainly worth the money to see it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I watched Hellboy II the other night. I was fairly disappointed in it. I was a huge fan of the first one, but this one felt more like a sequel to Pan's Labyrinth then Hellboy. Ron Perlman is still the ******* man, and Selma Blair looks better in this one then she did in the first, but that was about all this movie had going for it. The monsters IMO looked cheesy with the exception of Wick, as did the main villain. The plot was fairly stupid and reminded me more of a childrens story then a Hellboy plot. In fact, the plot DOES come from a childrens book! Keep that in mind before you watch it.

If you like Del Toro's other work, you will no doubt be impressed by his use of visuals here. Ive never been a fan of his whole monster feel, although like I said i loved the original Hellboy and Blade 2 was the best of the trilogy. That said, I was very disappointed in this film. 5/10 at the best.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I liked Hellboy 2. It was better than the previews made it out to be. Not as deep or philosophical as TDK, but lots of fun , Perlman was born for that role.

Comment

• Step Brothers was really funny, Ferrell and Riley are real funny together

Comment

• Advice:

stepbrothers or hellboy 2 tonight?

Stepbrothers is at 52% right now, Hellboy II at 87%, but 'stupid comedies' generally are rated lower.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Advice:

stepbrothers or hellboy 2 tonight?

Stepbrothers is at 52% right now, Hellboy II at 87%, but 'stupid comedies' generally are rated lower.
                            Well like I said, i didnt really like Hellboy 2. Im going to see Step Brothers tonight because well, ive been drinking, and it looks like a good drunk movie. Ill get back to you tomorrow on which one was better hahahahaha
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• So apparently there is some good news about Terminator 4 out of Comic Con. Something about being inspired by Children of Men (cinematography) and the trailer/footage leaving people wanting for more. And John Nolan (TDK) is the "lead" writer for T4.

Ionooooo...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• To the above statement I repeat, Mc freaking G is directing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information