No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may sound terrible, especially since I'm quite the film role model on the site (with you Gonzo of course), but am I the only one who's the least bit excited for H2?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
      This may sound terrible, especially since I'm quite the film role model on the site (with you Gonzo of course), but am I the only one who's the least bit excited for H2?
      One of my best friends is boycotting hamlet 2 because he made his version of hamlet 2 3 years ago. I guess he figures he's owed some money somehow.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

This may sound terrible, especially since I'm quite the film role model on the site (with you Gonzo of course), but am I the only one who's the least bit excited for H2?
        I'm very excited about Hamlet 2.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I just saw Harold and Kumar 2 and I have to say the first movie is soooooooo much better. This one was just a little too over the top and they tried to make way too many connections to the first movie. Kind of like this sequel was coming some 10 years after the first and everyone needed little reminders of the good ole jokes in the first one. It was just kind of strange. If you play these two movies back to back the 2nd one just seems off the wall. Now, I love these guys, they are hilarious but, this one didnt live up to the first movie....it doesnt even seem like it's written by the same people. It was just off, imo. If i gave the first one an 8, I'd give this one a 5.
          This about sums up how I felt about it. The first one was great and felt fresh but Harold and Kumar 2 just didn't flow very well and seemed a little too run of the mill. I got some good laughs out of it and love their chemistry together. However, many of the jokes and the general plot overall seemed like something I would expect of a straight to DVD movie. Oh well.

Comment

I will no doubt be watching it next Tuesday. In other news I saw Tropic Thunder earlier and loved it. No doubt it is my favorite comedy of the year so far, just edging out Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I will also be watching Bryan Johnson's (one of Kevin Smith's best friends) movie Vulgar tonight with Bryan O'Halloran from Clerks. I will post a short review tomorow.

Comment

• What'd you guys think of Pineapple Express?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Amazing movie experience. I was blazed though.

It could have been better though. Some of the dialogue dragged on.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  What'd you guys think of Pineapple Express?
                  It was a pretty big letdown for me. After the trailer I had huge expectations and I felt after leaving the theatre that it was just an average comedy. I felt the movie worked very well for the first half hour or so and then it seemed to become the action movie it was trying so hard to parody and that is when I felt the movie started to really not work. I enjoyed it but not enough to recommend. Tropic Thunder was a far superior movie IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    It was a pretty big letdown for me. After the trailer I had huge expectations and I felt after leaving the theatre that it was just an average comedy. I felt the movie worked very well for the first half hour or so and then it seemed to become the action movie it was trying so hard to parody and that is when I felt the movie started to really not work. I enjoyed it but not enough to recommend. Tropic Thunder was a far superior movie IMO.
                    yea i thought Tropic Thunder had a way better story and plot, i thought the whole story was funny till the end. and it did seem like Pineapple was an above average comedy

Comment

• yeah pineapple express was good but not amazing. if i was high it would have been much better because so much of the dialog sounded just like some of my friends.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Tropic Thunder>>>Pineapple Express>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>Step Brothers
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Just saw Tropical Thunder...... I laughed the hardest when Tugg threw the little kid off his back.....

The guy that did the explosives was pretty funny...... He was in a low budget movie called "Foot Fist Way". Will Ferrell said it was the funniest movie he has ever seen..... He is also in "Pineapple Express"

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• I'm assuming you're referring to Danny McBride?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                              Just saw Tropical Thunder...... I laughed the hardest when Tugg threw the little kid off his back.....

The guy that did the explosives was pretty funny...... He was in a low budget movie called "Foot Fist Way". Will Ferrell said it was the funniest movie he has ever seen..... He is also in "Pineapple Express"
                              He's also Rico in Hot Rod......I think

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

• Just saw Tropic Thunder this afternoon. Had no idea Tom Cruise was in it, and didn't even realize it was him until half way through the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information