Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
    I don't like 007 movies, but that trailer looks amazing. I'm calling it the best Bond film ever. I looked at the director, Foster. He's one of the best. Not in a Christopher Nolan level, but that next tier. I'm kinda pumped to see it. That's rare since I was disappointed with Casino Royal, which was considered awesome.
    Casino Royale just felt like an episode of 24, Craig has no charisma and seeing him defile the role Connery made is dissappointing as a life long bond fan. The best scene in the whole movie was the opening chase.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
      Color me ignorant, but I was feeling some Arrested Development vibes from Burn After Reading.
      You know, fans that will stick up their nose at you because you don't "get it".

      It was ok.
      I do not accept any of this statement.


      RIP TheManInBlack

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        I do not accept any of this statement.
        Didn't think you would.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
          Didn't think you would.
          What is this statement indicating? Is that a shot at me? I don't appreciate it if it is. Arrested Development is the best comedy show of all time and Burn After Reading was great. Carry on.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            What is this statement indicating? Is that a shot at me? I don't appreciate it if it is. Arrested Development is the best comedy show of all time and Burn After Reading was great. Carry on.
            I didn't want to leave you hangin'. So I just posted something agreeing with you. (kind of)

            Comment


            • I'm going to go ahead and pick Frank Langella as Best Actor already for Frost/Nixon



              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

              Comment


              • Idk i liked Craig as bond alot. Casino Royal felt real to me. The action sequences felt very real to me, dark and gritty, like you really had to fight for your life rather then Bond punching someone once and not getting up. So yeah I'm a fan of Royal and was skeptical about the new one until seeing the trailer.


                Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                  I'm going to go ahead and pick Frank Langella as Best Actor already for Frost/Nixon
                  I don't see any way that Mickey Rourke does not leave without the trophy. Maybe best supporting (although I think Ledger has a wrap on that).


                  RIP TheManInBlack

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    Idk i liked Craig as bond alot. Casino Royal felt real to me. The action sequences felt very real to me, dark and gritty, like you really had to fight for your life rather then Bond punching someone once and not getting up. So yeah I'm a fan of Royal and was skeptical about the new one until seeing the trailer.
                    I'm a huge Bond fan and I think Daniel Craig could end up being in my top 2-3 all time if he can continue to deliver. Loved him in Layer Cake as well.

                    ^A Bonekrusher production^
                    #15
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                    Comment


                    • Layer Cake is the reason I thought he was a great choice for Bond. I had him ranked number two on my people who should play James Bond list after Clive Owen.

                      Comment


                      • Speaking of Owen, I didn't like Children of Men that much, but he's a great choice for the role. Good actor.
                        Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                        Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                        Originally posted by Lions WMD
                        It's called Auto Fellatio!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gatz View Post
                          Speaking of Owen, I didn't like Children of Men that much...


                          How?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            Layer Cake is the reason I thought he was a great choice for Bond. I had him ranked number two on my people who should play James Bond list after Clive Owen.
                            I like him better than Clive Owen but Layer Cake did show he would be a good Bond.

                            ^A Bonekrusher production^
                            #15
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post


                              How?
                              It was good at story telling and all but generally I don't like movies that are too political. In my opinion, idiocracy is a more accurate depiction of the future anyway. But Owen was definitely the perfect actor for the role, his acting was great in that movie.
                              Will Smith should take some notes from him on how to act in "you against the world" movies.
                              Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                              Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                              Originally posted by Lions WMD
                              It's called Auto Fellatio!

                              Comment


                              • I just bought We Own The Night, Things We Lost in The Fire, Southland Tales, and The Darjeeling Limited for 20 bucks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information