Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SEX ON FIRE View Post
    I bet your inability to spell the school's name had something to do with it as well.
    Hahaha. I just noticed that. I just got back from school afer only a ferw hours sleep so please forgive my bad spelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
      APS do you go to Carleton? I'm there too.
      yeah i do go to carleton im first year english major...i think a party needs to occur now this is glorious
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Some news:

Stephen Chow, director of such films as Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle, is set to direct The Green Hornet.
        http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...9cc2059b8ab70d

The Jason Segal Muppet Movie is for sure happening.
        http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/mo...in&oref=slogin

Jon Favreau and Vince Vaugn are doing a new movie with Jason Bateman that sounds awesome.
        http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Comment

• Nice to see Favreau/Vaughn back together again, and good to see Peter Billingsley have a job again and with Bateman starring. ZOMGZ Gonzo, hoping for TIFF 09

The Segal Muppets movie excites me the most. It's been rumored since the premiere of FSM, and it's no doubt Segal has an affinity for the Muppets. It should be a match made in heaven

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
            Nice to see Favreau/Vaughn back together again, and good to see Peter Billingsley have a job again and with Bateman starring. ZOMGZ Gonzo, hoping for TIFF 09

The Segal Muppets movie excites me the most. It's been rumored since the premiere of FSM, and it's no doubt Segal has an affinity for the Muppets. It should be a match made in heaven
            TIFF 09 is going to kick ass. Less then one year away!

Comment

• With Saw 5 getting closer and closer I think it's time to bring up some talk.

Saw V will not be directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, but instead by David Hackl,

I know that Hackl was involved in all the saw movies...but I heard that this one will be closer to the original Saw probably due to Bousman stepping down...since he wasn't the director so Saw 1.

Anyone know anything about Hackl I haven't heard much about him before.

Also not sure if everyone has seen the trailer but it is up on the saw website.

The only other thing I really know about the film is we will get some closer on what happens to the little girl with the bear...the one that was left in the room with a limited supply of oxygen.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                With Saw 5 getting closer and closer I think it's time to bring up some talk.

Saw V will not be directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, but instead by David Hackl,

I know that Hackl was involved in all the saw movies...but I heard that this one will be closer to the original Saw probably due to Bousman stepping down...since he wasn't the director so Saw 1.

Anyone know anything about Hackl I haven't heard much about him before.

Also not sure if everyone has seen the trailer but it is up on the saw website.

The only other thing I really know about the film is we will get some closer on what happens to the little girl with the bear...the one that was left in the room with a limited supply of oxygen.
                Hackl is a complete unknown. He has done a lot of production design work and I assume became friends with those involved in making the Saw movie by working as a designer on all Saw movies except 1. I have a feeling Saw 5 will be horrible but I am sure it will be good for some gore. I always much prefered Hostel 1 and 2 (I think Hostel 1 is a damn fine film with 2 being decent) to the Saw movies.

Comment

• Saw V (and VI when it comes out) will probably suck, but I will watch it and enjoy it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    Saw V (and VI when it comes out) will probably suck, but I will watch it and enjoy it anyway.

haha me too i just cant get enough saw I'm hooked

Comment

• Saw 1 & 2 were really good, or at least i liked them alot. Saw 3 was meh and i dont remeber much of saw 4 but remeber walking out satisfied i think. Im hopeful for saw 5 but after the first two i just havent cared so much. If its more like saw 1 then ill be happy, i liked them trying to figure out everything, rather then the over the top gore sequences.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Speaking of purchases, I just bought Apocalypse Now- The Complete Dossier, Dead Alive, and Fright Night for a grand total of $22.61 from DeepDiscount.com

Comment

• I really did not enjoy Saw much. I know a lot of people probably claim to predict endings before they happen when they never do but I remember watching Saw with a friend of mine and we were speculating on what the ending would be. I told him that I bet the SPOILER guy on the floor would be the Saw guy as that seemed like the most ridiculous twist. Turns out I was right and maybe because of that and mostly because the dialogue was so poor I did not like the movies.

Saw 2 on the other hand I loved. Donnie Wahlberg gives a genius performance and I found teh traps to all be very cool and the characters were fun. I really enjoyed everything about the Saw 2 and it remains to this day by far my favorite.

If only the filmakers had listened to my pleas and made Donnie Wahlberg Jigsaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            Speaking of purchases, I just bought Apocalypse Now- The Complete Dossier, Dead Alive, and Fright Night for a grand total of $22.61 from DeepDiscount.com
                            ******* right. I own the Apoc Now Dossier edition and the extras are great. Fright Night I enjoyed but have not gotten around to buying it. Dead Alive I have watched about 5 times but have not bought it yet as every time I go over to my horror buff friends house in Toronto we watch it.

Comment

• For whatever reason, I can not get into Saw at all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• The series isnt all that great. They're alright but, a pretty overhyped series, imo.

The acting is god awful in all of them, especially the first...but, that being said the 1st movie was the best because, it was a fresh idea. I'd say the 1st was the best, the 2nd one was pretty good, the 3rd one is barely watchable because, it is just a borefest, and the 4th one was a major step up from the 3rd. I'd put that one at the 2nd movies level.

I grew pretty tired of the concept after the 2nd one to be honest. I'm sure I'll see the 5th one on dvd some time down the line but, i'm not even remotely excited for it or anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information