No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thought the reason was to become the best movie of al time. But yeah i said it should of come out in early march.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      Because they want to get the DVD out for the holidays to increase sales.
      O, my mistake. I thought he was talking about a theatre re-release.

and this movie has no business being associated with all-time best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        I really do hate all of these people saying that it was one of the greatest films they've ever seen. I really liked it, but I still don't even think it was the best film of the summer. Heck, I thought Iron Man was better.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

O, my mistake. I thought he was talking about a theatre re-release.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Ari is the ****.

Him and Drama.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I really do hate all of these people saying that it was one of the greatest films they've ever seen. I really liked it, but I still don't even think it was the best film of the summer. Heck, I thought Iron Man was better.
              Iron Man was terrible, Iron Monger sucked. Downey Jr. was the only good thing about it.

Comment

A lot of contributing factors to these claims. One, it had crazy hype...which was actually met. Two, the Joker role was hyped more than any role in recent history, and that was met (though I don't think it was Oscar worthy). Three, 90% of casual movie goers are exactly that, casual. They haven't seen as many films as someone such as Gonzo, so they aren't even qualified to make that claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                  Iron Man was terrible, Iron Monger sucked. Downey Jr. was the only good thing about it.
                  Well, then I guess we disagree. I still think that people are overrating Dark Knight too much, but I guess everyone is allowed to have their bad opinions. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Batman may not be the greatest films of all time, but it is one of my favorite.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

A lot of contributing factors to these claims. One, it had crazy hype...which was actually met. Two, the Joker role was hyped more than any role in recent history, and that was met (though I don't think it was Oscar worthy). Three, 90% of casual movie goers are exactly that, casual. They haven't seen as many films as someone such as Gonzo, so they aren't even qualified to make that claim.
                      Correct. I am better then all of you fools here!!!

Thanks for the props Banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                        Not true. The Ironman suit was legit.

As well as storyline and script and direction.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Got the FSM DVD today. Commentary was hilarious as always from this group and the extras are great. Had to have it in my collection.

Comment

I dont think you realize the amount of hype that this movie got and met. That itself is one hell of an accomplishment. Typically things from the media with so much hype fail to deliver, which may not be a problem with the movie, cd, video game itself, but it just becomes a victim to the hype. It has been done countless times.

The amount of hype Batman received seems to be unprecedented. I do not remember another release like that. The fact that it met it is amazing.

I am not calling it the greatest film ever, but it definitely has its place in history as the best comic hero films and a top notch crime thriller.

I do not see another comic book movie topping it. No way will a director of Christopher Nolan's caliber direct a comic book movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              I dont think you realize the amount of hype that this movie got and met. That itself is one hell of an accomplishment. Typically things from the media with so much hype fail to deliver, which may not be a problem with the movie, cd, video game itself, but it just becomes a victim to the hype. It has been done countless times.

The amount of hype Batman received seems to be unprecedented. I do not remember another release like that. The fact that it met it is amazing.

I am not calling it the greatest film ever, but it definitely has its place in history as the best comic hero films and a top notch crime thriller.

I do not see another comic book movie topping it. No way will a director of Christopher Nolan's caliber direct a comic book movie.
                              Edgar Wright is directing Ant Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

Believe it or not, I've seen reviews that give it negative press (for the sake of playing devil's advocate I think) and they make some good cases.
                                They found character development (mainly secondary characters) to be minimal, which they magnified by saying that the movie draaggged on too long. Blah blah blah, overrated, but great by *today's standards*.

*Which is *****

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information