No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that there will ever truly be a "masterpiece" in animated film. Not to say there aren't a bunch of good ones and that they aren't very entertaining, but it just doesn't seem likely in my opinion.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
      My initial thoughts were along these lines.

City of God is the top I think. I'd probably flip flop on that and TWBB depending on the day.

Is foreign film catching up or are we just now noticing?

and I completely agree with your thoughts on Campbell. Whenever I see him on Burn Notice I find myself thinking, "this is so Campbell".
      The introduction of the DVD has done wonderous things to North American appreciation of foreign films. The past ten years has seen more then just film buffs finally getting their chance to appreciate foreign cinema. If you look back though there are decades, namely the 60's, were foreign films were of much greater quality then American films so I do not like they are finally catching up, we are just now finally able to appreciate them.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
        Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that there will ever truly be a "masterpiece" in animated film. Not to say there aren't a bunch of good ones and that they aren't very entertaining, but it just doesn't seem likely in my opinion.
        Masterpieces when compared to other animated films, yes.

Masterpieces overall? Debatable.

Comment

Toy Story 3!
          Marking my calender for that ****.

and wingboy, I hope it isn't that Ant.

(anyone remember the live action TV show?)
          Oh no... that is the Tick. Ant man was the guy that actually could get bigger too. OH.... crap.

A blog suggesting actors for the Avengers movie...

http://thebraxcave.com/2007/06/20/ca...htiest-heroes/

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Masterpieces when compared to other animated films, yes.

Masterpieces overall? Debatable.
            I meant the latter.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
              Oh no... that is the Tick. Ant man was the guy that actually could get bigger too. OH.... crap.

A blog suggesting actors for the Avengers movie...

http://thebraxcave.com/2007/06/20/ca...htiest-heroes/
              O thank god.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that there will ever truly be a "masterpiece" in animated film. Not to say there aren't a bunch of good ones and that they aren't very entertaining, but it just doesn't seem likely in my opinion.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Lion King > All

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

What aboot Roadhouse....... or Rocky IV?
                    The Kevin Smith Roadhouse commentary is one of the funniest commentaries I have ever heard so I have to give the movie props for that. I bought the movie for 6 bucks just for that and I was not dissapointed.

Ant Man is indeed being made into a movie. So far I keep hearing Alan Tudyk mentioned as the star. I do not know yet if they will tie it in with the Avengers movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      I remember Cartoon Network had an entire...like week long marathon of The Iron Giant, pissed me off! I wanted Dexter's Lab.

Haven't seen it in it's entirety in years. Is is that good?

Comment

• But again I ask.... WHY Ant Man? Seriously.... who cares about Ant Man?

Black Panther is so much cooler then Ant Man. And as much as I like Samuel L.... Nick Fury was NOT black.

/nerd rage

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          I completly agree with you about the 70's being the golden age of cinema. The 80's were pretty weak with Raging Bull being the only pure masterpiece I feel that came out of that time. I am a huge fan of 90's films. There are just so many great movies that came out in that time period. So far in the 00's I feel it has been kind of the age of the foreign film. Of the top of my head the only movies that I consider masterpieces for this decade are There Will Be Blood and City of God.
                          70's (some classics, but a **** load of good movies)

The French Connection (I need to see this movie.)
                          Dirty Harry
                          A Clockwork Orange
                          Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (I need to see this movie. Blazed)
                          The Godfather
                          American Graffiti
                          Chinatown
                          The Godfather Pt. II
                          The Conversation (I need to see this movie.)
                          Dog Day Afternoon
                          Jaws
                          One Flew Over a Cuckoos Nest
                          Monty Python and the Holy Grail
                          Barry Lyndon
                          Taxi Driver (probably my favorite movie of all time. competes with Goodfellas and LA Confidential)
                          Annie Hall
                          Star Wars I
                          Close Encounters of a 3rd Kind
                          Dawn of the Dead (I need to see this movie)
                          Apocalypse Now
                          Monty Python's Life of Brian
                          Alien
                          Manhattan
                          Kramer vs Kramer (I need to see this movie)

What a ******* epic decade. That is ridiculous. And I am probably missing a ton of movies too. I would continue but my computer is acting up. Someone should do this for the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

But again I ask.... WHY Ant Man? Seriously.... who cares about Ant Man?

Black Panther is so much cooler then Ant Man. And as much as I like Samuel L.... Nick Fury was NOT black.

/nerd rage
                            They will exploit, yes exploit, every comic book.

Comment

But again I ask.... WHY Ant Man? Seriously.... who cares about Ant Man?

/nerd rage
                              Edgar Wright is a genius and he wants to make the movie. I have no doubt it will be an incredible film.

Comment

Haven't seen it in it's entirety in years. Is is that good?
                                Oh it is, it very much is.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information