Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Edgar Wright is a genius and he wants to make the movie. I have no doubt it will be an incredible film.
    I guess.... but it is still Ant Man. How incredible can that be? He is able to grow in size too. That doesn't even make sense with a name like that.

And Pirate Steve too?

What other movies has Edgar Wright made?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
      I guess.... but it is still Ant Man. How incredible can that be? He is able to grow in size too. That doesn't even make sense with a name like that.

And Pirate Steve too?

What other movies has Edgar Wright made?
      Edgar Wright created and directed a brilliant TV show called Spaced. He then made Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Spaced
        Don't even get me started......

BRING BACK SPACED!

Comment

Edgar Wright created and directed a brilliant TV show called Spaced. He then made Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
          O rly?

Bring on Ant Man. Ok, I'm not THAT excited but those movies were good.

Aaron A. Aaronson > Ant Man

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
            They will exploit, yes exploit, every comic book.
            They translate so well onto the big screen that it's hard for them not to. Plus many of them have such long histories that you can easily have enough material to churn out 2 or 3 sequels

Comment

I completly agree with you about the 70's being the golden age of cinema. The 80's were pretty weak with Raging Bull being the only pure masterpiece I feel that came out of that time. I am a huge fan of 90's films. There are just so many great movies that came out in that time period. So far in the 00's I feel it has been kind of the age of the foreign film. Of the top of my head the only movies that I consider masterpieces for this decade are There Will Be Blood and City of God.
              You forgot Oldboy! The Departed would be up there according to some people, too. And of course there's Crash which quite a few people liked quite a bit.

As far as the 80's go.. The Shining came out in 1980. Same as The Empire Strikes Back.. but I'd just consider those 70's holdovers.

I'd say the best decades for movies are the 30's, 70's and 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                You forgot Oldboy! The Departed would be up there according to some people, too. And of course there's Crash which quite a few people liked quite a bit.

As far as the 80's go.. The Shining came out in 1980. Same as The Empire Strikes Back.. but I'd just consider those 70's holdovers.

I watched The Shining tonight as a matter of fact...god i love Kubrick.

oh, and Edgar Wright>>>>>>All. Spaced was, before Dexter, my favourite show. The Invisible gun fight is glorious
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I liked The Departed a ton. I do not think critics did as much. I would give it a 9.5 or 9.6 out of 10. Still though, its not comparable to Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, or Raging Bull.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                    Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to believe that there will ever truly be a "masterpiece" in animated film. Not to say there aren't a bunch of good ones and that they aren't very entertaining, but it just doesn't seem likely in my opinion.
                    South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut

duh. haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      I watched The Shining tonight as a matter of fact...god i love Kubrick.

oh, and Edgar Wright>>>>>>All. Spaced was, before Dexter, my favourite show. The Invisible gun fight is glorious
                      A Clockwork Orange (and Se7en) came today. I can't wait to show my friends Clockwork and have them saying wtf.

So my Kubrick movies are up to

The Shining
                      A Clockwork Orange
                      Dr. Strangelove

I love it. I need to expand on my Scorsese movies though. I only have The Departed and Taxi Driver...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut

duh. haha
                        My theories SUCK!

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                          I love it. I need to expand on my Scorsese movies though. I only have The Departed and Taxi Driver...
                          No Goodfellas? :(

Comment

No Goodfellas? :(
                            You have no idea how conflicted I have been about buying that movie. Its one of my favorite films, but I am really picky about buying DVDs. I hate single disc lame versions of DVDs. All the DVDs (except a couple that dont have SEs) I own are SEs.

Goodfellas has a single disc edition for like 7 bucks and it looks lame as ****. The cover does not do justice to the movie. The 2 disc edition looks the exact same and costs 20 bucks. I have not seen it anywhere for less. Thats way too much for me to pay. I only pay 10-15 bucks for DVDs.

Comment

• Saw eagle eye the other night, forgot to mention anything on it. Its a pretty decent flick nothing that hasnt been done before but a good date movie or something. I cannot wait till how to lose friends tho this week. If only Kristen bell had replaced Kirsten Dunst in that movie itd be perfect.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Cape Fear is also a great Scorsese film

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information