Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Nosferatu last night. I don't know if I enjoyed them as much I as appreciated the hell out of them for their influence on early cinema. I will have to give them another shot one day when it is not after midnight.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Ill watch anything with Kevin Spacey in it, the man is, IMO, the greatest actor of our generation. K-Pax was a great film. As for the ending...I think its purposefully left ambiguous and in those cases, I like to ponder them rather then come up with a definate solution. A good movie though.
      Best actor of our generation? Those are pretty heavy words.

      "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

      Comment


      • K-pax is a great movie, and i agree about the ending i like it left to our interpretation. Now if were talking Cast Aways ending thats a whole different story.


        Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

        Comment


        • Just watched The Wackness. Ben Kingsley is amazing. 4/5. Highly recommended.
          Last edited by hobbes2053; 10-03-2008, 01:58 PM.


          worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

          themaninblack
          15

          Comment


          • I would not question Kevin Spacey being on a top 5 list of our generation.

            Comment


            • http://movies.ign.com/articles/914/914964p1.html

              Some good news for Batman fans.... who isnt after TDK?

              http://movies.ign.com/articles/915/915665p1.html

              Some tid bits on Watchmen which is looking like it could be an amazing movie. RT has said it might end up being on the scale of the first matrix film in terms of becoming a huge classic with fans. I cannot wait for this one.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                Best actor of our generation? Those are pretty heavy words.
                I absolutely love the man in anything he does. I have no qualms about saying that he is the best actor of our (Im 19) generation. For me, the only other actors who could challenge him are Ed Norton and PSH, and when your dealing with actors of that quality, does it really matter? but like i said, IMO, Kevin Spacey is the best actor of my generation at least.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                Comment


                • Can't forget Daniel Day-Lewis. What he lacks in quantity, he more than makes up for with quality... and that's what "best actor" should be based off, right?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    I absolutely love the man in anything he does. I have no qualms about saying that he is the best actor of our (Im 19) generation. For me, the only other actors who could challenge him are Ed Norton and PSH, and when your dealing with actors of that quality, does it really matter? but like i said, IMO, Kevin Spacey is the best actor of my generation at least.
                    I am not disagreeing with it (in fact, I just watched American Beauty again. I love him in that movie). Its a fair assessment. I brought it up for basically no reason.

                    "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                      http://movies.ign.com/articles/914/914964p1.html

                      Some good news for Batman fans.... who isnt after TDK?

                      http://movies.ign.com/articles/915/915665p1.html

                      Some tid bits on Watchmen which is looking like it could be an amazing movie. RT has said it might end up being on the scale of the first matrix film in terms of becoming a huge classic with fans. I cannot wait for this one.
                      Kevin Smith adored Watchmen. He thought it was pure brilliance. I have no doubt it will be fantastic and I cannot wait. Mathew Goode is one of my favorite actors so it is great to see him get a part a meaty as Ozymandias. Jackie Earle Haley absolutly blew me away with his performance in Little Children and I know he will be the perfect Rorschach. Crudup as Osterman was an inspired choice. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been one of my favorite guest actors on TV for a while and he looks to be a genius choice for The Comedian. I really do not disagree with any casting choices and as long as Snyder sticks close to the source which is one of the greatest pieces of literature I have ever read this is going to be a damn fine film. I will no doubt be there for yet another midnight screening.

                      Comment


                      • I have yet to read it but is it worth picking up? i have a comic place near buy that sells the complete series.


                        Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          I have yet to read it but is it worth picking up? i have a comic place near buy that sells the complete series.
                          Watchmen? Its the only comic to be on this some prestigious top 100 book list. I would say so. I have yet to read it though.

                          "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                            Watchmen? Its the only comic to be on this some prestigious top 100 book list. I would say so. I have yet to read it though.
                            If Watchmen is in the same list as this book.

                            It's worth reading.

                            Comment


                            • I dont even really know the premise of the whole thing, ive just heard a million good things about it and the commercial.


                              Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                              Comment


                              • I dont know much about it either. But I am pretty sure this book:



                                is on it.

                                "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information