No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that Leo does normally nail his accents. It may just be, that you're not used to hearing that come out of his mouth but, I've loved his work.

Anyway, I just watched Iron Man...could have used some work here or there but, overall I liked it a lot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Same i saw iron man the other day and i really liked it

Comment

• I bought so many movies yesterday...

Oceans 11
        Oceans 12
        Oceans 13
        The Matrix
        The Matrix reloaded
        The Matric Revolutions
        Iron Man
        another copy of Donnie Darko
        another copy of Fargo
        The Machinist

Firstly, I need to stop lending out dvds because, I end up replacing my own movies far too often. lol.

As for the movies...I'm actually not the biggest fan of the Matrix or the Oceans movies but, they were all $4 a pop so, why the hell not? Maybe they'll grow on me. I've only seen the first Matrix and parts of the Oceans movies, we'll see. Like i said, I liked Iron Man and I have yet to see the Machinist. Just adding to the collection.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• They should've paid you $4 a pop for the ocean's eleven and matrix series DVD's.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I went to an advance screening of the express, and i can confidently say this is the worst football movie ever made. Terrible acting makes it hilarious rather than ispirational. its super cheesy and the acting is very bad. i wouldnt watch it ever again.

Originally posted by mythbusta
            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
            who dey?

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              They should've paid you $4 a pop for the ocean's eleven and matrix series DVD's.
              Yeah, everyone says after the 1st of each they're kind of blah...especially, the Matrix movies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                I went to an advance screening of the express, and i can confidently say this is the worst football movie ever made. Terrible acting makes it hilarious rather than ispirational. its super cheesy and the acting is very bad. i wouldnt watch it ever again.
                Dennis Quaid almost always = MAJOR FAIL.

Back to Iron Man for a second...I didnt really care for Paltrow's acting and I couldnt buy Jeff Bridges in that role. The look was fine but, that distinct voice of his just was not bringing life to that "evil" character.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  Ya'll see that commercial for that movie with Edward Norton and Collin Ferrell? The commericals looked iffy but I like Norton and Collin Ferrell a lot as actors.
                  Pride and Glory? Looks like an alright movie but I'm not jumping to go see it. Every movie starring Colin Farrell ends up being a massive let down. Phone Booth, Alexander, SWAT, Miami Vice, the list goes on..

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Back to Iron Man for a second...I didnt really care for Paltrow's acting and I couldnt buy Jeff Bridges in that role. The look was fine but, that distinct voice of his just was not bringing life to that "evil" character.
                    Bridges was The Dude. You can't pull off "evil" after playing that role.. even if you shave your head. Ironman was badass though. One of the best comic movies lately IMO.
                    Last edited by hobbes2053; 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM.

worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Favreau originally wanted Rachel McCadams to be pepper potts but she turned it down, so we got Paltrow. McCadams also turned down being Rachel Dawes in the current batman series. :(
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                        Pride and Glory? Looks like an alright movie but I'm not jumping to go see it. Every movie starring Colin Farrell ends up being a massive let down. Phone Booth, Alexander, SWAT, Miami Vice, the list goes on..
                        You must not have seen In Bruges or A Home at the End of the World. Two great films starring Farrell that prove to me that given the right cast and crew around him Farrell can be a pretty damn good actor. That said I have a feeling Pride and Glory will be a let down, not terrible but a let down, and I will be waiting until it comes out on DVD unless reviews are amazing.

Comment

• Since we're on Colin Farrell, I watched Alexander last night (saw bits and pieces before). This film had mucho potential but progressively **** the bed. I mean, what the hell? Oliver Stone needs to start not sucking **** at directing. Speaking of sucking ****, what was up with the homosexual undertones? We know that the majority of royalty in those times had *** relations but come on, it's like the main theme. I doubt that Alexander would approve of his character's representation.

I also watched Unbreakable (both movies were on the tube) for the first time through. Like Alexander, good concept, terrible execution. Shyamalan used to be severely overrated.
                          Last edited by Bruce Banner; 10-07-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            They should've paid you $4 a pop for the ocean's eleven and matrix series DVD's.
                            The Matrix was awesomely brilliant.

Reloaded and Revolutions both paled in comparison, they were horrible.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                              I actually liked Phone Booth. Most of his other stuff not so much. But Minority Report was good, and I loved In Bruges. He is very good at times.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                You must not have seen In Bruges or A Home at the End of the World. Two great films starring Farrell that prove to me that given the right cast and crew around him Farrell can be a pretty damn good actor. That said I have a feeling Pride and Glory will be a let down, not terrible but a let down, and I will be waiting until it comes out on DVD unless reviews are amazing.
                                Agreed that Farrell has the potential to be a great actor, but the movies he does that get all hyped up (Miami Vice, SWAT, etc.) turn out to to be the let downs. You're probably right in saying that it's the surrounding cast/crew that decides boom or bust for a Farrell movie. I need to watch In Bruges/A House at the End of the World.

worker bees can leave
                                even drones can fly away
                                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information