No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would suck to get period blood on your pants leg.

Majorly.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
      Agreed that Farrell has the potential to be a great actor, but the movies he does that get all hyped up (Miami Vice, SWAT, etc.) turn out to to be the let downs. You're probably right in saying that it's the surrounding cast/crew that decides boom or bust for a Farrell movie. I need to watch In Bruges/A House at the End of the World.
      I would watch In Bruges first. Out of the two I would say it is the better of the two by a good margin. This is probably going to be not the most popular thing to say but I actually enjoyed Miami Vice.I did hype it up a whole lot before going to see it because it was a Michael Mann film but after the initial dissapointment I was able to just take it for what it was and have a good time. I was pumped about Alexander before it came out but wisely looked at the reviews before watching it. I ended up waiting until it was out on DVD and I could not even get through the first hour it was such a waste of my time. I expected Swat to be terrible and I was not dissapointed. I do get where your coming from as far as his big name movies always disspointing as it seems to be the case. I do think he can be a great actor at times, it just rarely happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        It would suck to get period blood on your pants leg.

Majorly.
        Its pretty outrageous though. It would have to be that time of the month, which is like a 1/6 chance (5/30 because it fluctuates). Assuming you are at a party, the girl would be like 18+ so its not as if her period is anything new. She would know when and should be wearing a tampon or pad. Even after that, it would have to seep through her jeans or whatever.

I just think the chances of it happening are really low. I highly doubt that it has happened.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          Its pretty outrageous though. It would have to be that time of the month, which is like a 1/6 chance (5/30 because it fluctuates). Assuming you are at a party, the girl would be like 18+ so its not as if her period is anything new. She would know when and should be wearing a tampon or pad. Even after that, it would have to seep through her jeans or whatever.

I just think the chances of it happening are really low. I highly doubt that it has happened.
          Well, she did have a skirt on.

And I know the chances of it happening are really low, but I have watched Superbad three times in the past three days.

Three days ago was the first time I saw the movie.
          Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            I would watch In Bruges first. Out of the two I would say it is the better of the two by a good margin. This is probably going to be not the most popular thing to say but I actually enjoyed Miami Vice.I did hype it up a whole lot before going to see it because it was a Michael Mann film but after the initial dissapointment I was able to just take it for what it was and have a good time. I was pumped about Alexander before it came out but wisely looked at the reviews before watching it. I ended up waiting until it was out on DVD and I could not even get through the first hour it was such a waste of my time. I expected Swat to be terrible and I was not dissapointed. I do get where your coming from as far as his big name movies always disspointing as it seems to be the case. I do think he can be a great actor at times, it just rarely happens.
            I really wanted to see Miami Vice when I first saw the preview for it but then I was told that it was horrid so I opted no. I do, however, like Colin Farrell as he does have the potential. He just seems to choose roles that are going to be "epic" but only end up bombing. I'll check out In Bruges.

worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

And I know the chances of it happening are really low, but I have watched Superbad three times in the past three days.

"Sounds like someone's got an exam..."

Great ******* movie.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Noo get in a flame war or anything but I have always thought Knocked Up was better then Superbad. Superbad always gets called the best comedy that year and many people list it as their favorite movie but I like Knocked Up more in every way.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                  "Sounds like someone's got an exam..."

Great ******* movie.
                  Lmao.

Then he's like "How'd you know??"

Lol. And his whole name just being McLovin.

"What are you, an Irish R&B singer?"

Awesome movie.
                  Virginia Tech.

Comment

Noo get in a flame war or anything but I have always thought Knocked Up was better then Superbad. Superbad always gets called the best comedy that year and many people list it as their favorite movie but I like Knocked Up more in every way.
                    Knocked Up > Superbad

I know that believability isn't high up on the list of priorities in films like these but Knocked Up was better in that aspect, and that meant a lot to me for some reason.

I just loved Seth Rogan's character in K-U.

Comment

I thought the best thing about Knocked Up, among many, was the different names the called the bearded guy throughout the whole movie. Matisyahu, Jesus, late John Lennon, etc. That and Seth Rogen's attitude toward everything before he got serious about the baby.

worker bees can leave
                      even drones can fly away
                      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Knocked up is at the bottom of Apatow's big three for me.

1) 40 year old virgin
                        2) Superbad

3) Knocked up

Don't get me wrong. I liked knocked up very much on its own, and Katherine Heigl is a hottie but it just doesn't compare to the other two IMO.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

I loved Knocked Up. I haven't watched it in a while, I need to.

Knocked Up is more consistently funny, Superbad has more 'I can't stop laughing, holy ****' moments.

I'll judge after I watch Knocked Up again.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                            Knocked Up > Superbad

I know that believability isn't high up on the list of priorities in films like these but Knocked Up was better in that aspect, and that meant a lot to me for some reason.

I just loved Seth Rogan's character in K-U.
                            Knocked Up also had two of the best comedic actors alive, Jason Segal and Paul Rudd. Both are incredible underated IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              Knocked up is at the bottom of Apatow's big three for me.

1) 40 year old virgin
                              2) Superbad

3) Knocked up

Don't get me wrong. I liked knocked up very much on its own, and Katherine Heigl is a hottie but it just doesn't compare to the other two IMO.
                              Superbad and Knocked up are right next to each other for me, 40 Year Old Virginin coming in third.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Of Apatow's movies, I though Pineapple Express was pure gold. Not only was it ridiculously funny, but the acting (esp. Franco) was perfect. PE obviously ins't like the other 3 since it's an stoner action but it was still great.

worker bees can leave
                                even drones can fly away
                                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information