Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    The chick in Quarantine almost single handidly ruins Dexter. She is so horrible in that show she makes me not want to watch whever she shows up. She is really a ******* terrible actor. Nothing, not even going blazed, will make that movie seem any good.
    She is the one who brings down the greatness of Dexter. That show is already awesome but it would be so much better without her in it. Jennifer Carpenter = FAIL.

worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

The chick in Quarantine almost single handidly ruins Dexter. She is so horrible in that show she makes me not want to watch whever she shows up. She is really a ******* terrible actor. Nothing, not even going blazed, will make that movie seem any good.
      She was pretty good in Excorcism of Emily Rose. And while her character can be grating at times, I don't necessarily think it's her fault, it is pretty much the way the character is written in Dexter. Also, she's dating Michael C. Hall so all is well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        She was pretty good in Excorcism of Emily Rose. And while her character can be grating at times, I don't necessarily think it's her fault, it is pretty much the way the character is written in Dexter. Also, she's dating Michael C. Hall so all is well.
        Granted, the Deb character on Dexter was written as a whiney b***h, but they could have casted the role a bit better IMO.

worker bees can leave
        even drones can fly away
        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• I actually can stand Deb in the novels, not so on the show.

Comment

I actually can stand Deb in the novels, not so on the show.
            I second this motion.

worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

I actually can stand Deb in the novels, not so on the show.
              I really don't think that's Carpenters fault, it's the writers. They don't follow the novels to a tee (otherwise the show would blow after the first season).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                I really don't think that's Carpenters fault, it's the writers. They don't follow the novels to a tee (otherwise the show would blow after the first season).
                Possibly. I still think she is a terrible choice for the part but you are right, it is not all her fault.

Comment

• why all the hate on Jennifer Carpenter?

Comment

• Just finished watching In Bruges, and let me say that I am impressed with Colin Farrell. Not surprised at all, but impressed for sure. I knew he could act but he usually plays roles in movies made to break the box office, rather than actually good films. In Bruges is a very good film. Props to Farrell.

worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• i have the 1st 2 seaons and thats all i watch when im not workin im on episode 7 or 8 and oops this is a movie thread wrong direction...

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                        why all the hate on Jennifer Carpenter?
                        Because she single handeedly brings down Dexter, the best show on TV. Dexter is fantastic, yet she seems to bring an insincerity to the role that is disturbring. It bothers me. **** Jennifer Carpenter. Dexter is incredible, yet she seems to disturb the show whenevber she appears.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I dont mind her that much but you get too many big doses...if she popped in than out for a while it would be cool...

Comment

• Intermission was a great movie Colin Farrell & Cillian Murphy were great in the movie

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              Because she single handeedly brings down Dexter, the best show on TV. Dexter is fantastic, yet she seems to bring an insincerity to the role that is disturbring. It bothers me. **** Jennifer Carpenter. Dexter is incredible, yet she seems to disturb the show whenevber she appears.
                              I thought I was the only who couldn't stand her. She just doesn't do the rest of the cast/show justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                                I thought I was the only who couldn't stand her. She just doesn't do the rest of the cast/show justice.
                                You are nowhere near the only one.

worker bees can leave
                                even drones can fly away
                                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information