Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Mind ****? See Fear and loathing in las vegas or Pie.
    Pi not Pie. And Fear and Loathing isn't really a mind **** movie.

Also, David Lynch is the master of mind **** movies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      Pi not Pie. And Fear and Loathing isn't really a mind **** movie.

I wanna finish Pi. I own it but have yet to see it. And I wanna watch Fear and Loathing messed up.

Agreed. Mulholland Drive = wtf.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• You wanna see the biggest mindfuck of all time?

I Win.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
          You wanna see the biggest mindfuck of all time?

I Win.
          There's a difference between degrading animal torture and mind ****.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Degrading animal torture sure ****** with my mind.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
              Degrading animal torture sure ****** with my mind.
              But that's not really what a mind **** movie is. A mind **** movie is one that gets inside your head and makes you really think and by the time you are done trying to understand it, your head is ******. Movies that are just disgusting for shock value (see: Hostel movies, Cannibal Holocaust) aren't really mind **** movies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Between Pi and The Fountain, Aronofsky has some major mindfuck chops going as well. Not to mention Requiem, which isn't so much a mindfuck as just horribly depressing.

Comment

• Requiem could be considered as a mind **** depending on how you look at it. But it is depressing no matter what.

worker bees can leave
                  even drones can fly away
                  the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Date Movie is a mind **** movie. Because in the process of being forced to watch it with my friends, I felt that my brain was being violently raped of all intellect and wit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      Date Movie is a mind **** movie. Because in the process of being forced to watch it with my friends, I felt that my brain was being violently raped of all intellect and wit.

I felt similar about The Happening.

Comment

• Christopher Nolan's 3 minute short film while he was in London studying film. Pretty cool.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Date Movie is a mind **** movie. Because in the process of being forced to watch it with my friends, I felt that my brain was being violently raped of all intellect and wit.
                          I don't know if I would consider that a mind **** as much as it is a mind rape, which is never good. Ever. I try to stay away from mind rape movies as much as humanly possible.

worker bees can leave
                          even drones can fly away
                          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• This has more to do with a tv show than a movie, but The Real World had an open casting call today out here in the middle of nowhere and I decided to go for the fun of it. There werent too many people there at all since I am sure no one likes the show. I got called in with 7 other people and you sit at a table with the casting directors and they ask you questions. This one guy came up with most BS answers and the casting people liked him enough to send him to another room to talk to other people. They asked him something that was interesting about him and he said he had sex once but he couldnt get inside the girl. He went on and on about how he couldnt get inside and then the girl said, "do you want me to get off?" He looks down and finds out he is all the way in and tries to get out but cant. So he said he had to stick his fingers in there to get it out. That must have been one experienced prostitute if he could fit himself in and two fingers at the same time. People like him is why that show is so stupid.

Comment

• How is Michael Cera in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist? I think he has a bright future in acting. He was very solid in Superbad and Juno.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                                How is Michael Cera in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist? I think he has a bright future in acting. He was very solid in Superbad and Juno.
                                Playing the same role, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information