Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    Just found out Kevin Smith is coming near me and it's safe to say I will be there.
    That's what she said.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Turtle don't ruin my moment.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Just found out Kevin Smith is coming near me and it's safe to say I will be there.
        You lucky bastard. He did a quick 5 minute talk before Zack and Miri and he is even more of a captivating and hilarious speaker than he is in movies and on TV. His Q/A's usually last 4 or more hours so you will for sure get your moneys worth. Enjoy.

Comment

• Kevin Smith owns some loser geek...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou2mVnElp6c

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            You lucky bastard. He did a quick 5 minute talk before Zack and Miri and he is even more of a captivating and hilarious speaker than he is in movies and on TV. His Q/A's usually last 4 or more hours so you will for sure get your moneys worth. Enjoy.
            Ya its 40 bucks which initially kind of shocked me but I heard that is pretty cheap for one of his shows and if it really lasts at least 3 hours it would be cool. Regardless, this is one of the more exciting things that I've heard recently. I can't wait for it.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Ya its 40 bucks which initially kind of shocked me but I heard that is pretty cheap for one of his shows and if it really lasts at least 3 hours it would be cool. Regardless, this is one of the more exciting things that I've heard recently. I can't wait for it.
              40 bucks is a steal. Trust me when I say it will be worth every penny.

Comment

I never thought Kevin Smith was this charismatic. I've watched a handful of interviews and stuff on youtube and the man has an aura.

Comment

Well thats good to hear I am just ridiculously poor at the moment so everything seems expensive.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                    I never thought Kevin Smith was this charismatic. I've watched a handful of interviews and stuff on youtube and the man has an aura.
                    I thought he was incredibly charismatic before seeing him live. I can honestly tell you that live he tok charisma to a whole new level. He is such a captivating storyteller and can really make anything hilarious.
                    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10-14-2008, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Well thats good to hear I am just ridiculously poor at the moment so everything seems expensive.
                      The only reason I have not bussed to one of his shows is because I have no money and have school to pay off so I cannot afford the 300 or so it will cost to get there and get a hotel for the night. After seeing him live at the film fest I have vowed to travel to one of his Q/A's this summer when I do have money. After all this Zack and Miri stuff I am eager to hear how Red State is coming along.

Comment

• If you got any questions for him I'll try and ask. That is, if I don't think of a good one by the time the show comes around.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

open your mouth when he does

also he's going to Mexico?

Comment

• I just saw Into The Wild. Great film, but I just can't enjoy a movie with such a depressing ending, depressing from every angle. *Spoilers* The old man (Ron), that girl he met, his family, the hippie couple, from every angle it is depressing. And then, while he may have had a happy life, he died unhappy. Like he wrote, happiness is only real when shared. He died alone. The ending was depressing to me, even though I had heard about the ending.

I must say Emile Hersch gave a great performance.
                            Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 10-14-2008, 11:31 PM.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              I just saw Into The Wild. Great film, but I just can't enjoy a movie with such a depressing ending, depressing from every angle. *Spoilers* The old man (Ron), that girl he met, his family, the hippie couple, from every angle it is depressing. And then, while he may have had a happy life, he died unhappy. Like he wrote, happiness is only real when shared. He died alone. The ending was depressing to me, even though I had heard about the ending.
                              I suggest reading the book. It gives a completely diferent take on the story and in my opinion is much better. I personally have a much different view on him than most. Which is that he was just a ******* idiot by going into Alaska and was absurd in thinking that he would survive. He just made so many ******* stupid mistakes. That part in itself just frustrated me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                                I suggest reading the book. It gives a completely diferent take on the story and in my opinion is much better. I personally have a much different view on him than most. Which is that he was just a ******* idiot by going into Alaska and was absurd in thinking that he would survive. He just made so many ******* stupid mistakes. That part in itself just frustrated me.
                                I actually agree. Where as the movie glorifies it, in reality or in press it would just be an idiot running off to Alaska. Where as he may try to follow Thoreau's philosophy of life, in today's world he just comes off as an idiot. From certain point of views it is a noble thought process, but most people would say leaving an amazing education (was it Harvard?) and possibly great future behind to be a wanderer is just idiotic.

Anyways, that's how I felt about the movie. While the story is interesting and emotional, I can't really enjoy it due to it's ending. Where as I may enjoy something like Bravheart (easiest example I can think of), due to him being a martyr for a cause, I did not enjoy Into The Wild because the whole reason for the deflating end is not worthy of it happening. If that makes sense.
                                Virginia Tech.
                                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information