No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw The Untouchables the other day. Very good movie.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Can anyone explain to me why Citizen Kane is considered like the second greatest movie of all time? I've watched it twice and I just don't see it. The story was ok, acting was good, but not spectacular

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
        Can anyone explain to me why Citizen Kane is considered like the second greatest movie of all time? I've watched it twice and I just don't see it. The story was ok, acting was good, but not spectacular
        It revolutionized the way movies are made. For its time it was a phenomenal techinical acheivement. It is probably the most influential film of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          It revolutionized the way movies are made. For its time it was a phenomenal techinical acheivement. It is probably the most influential film of all time.
          Ok, someone tried to explain that to me but I didn't see it. Going to have to watch it again.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
            Ok, someone tried to explain that to me but I didn't see it. Going to have to watch it again.
            You would have to watch it again and then watch various movies made before and after Citizen Kane. To fully appreciate you also must understand that it really did revolutionize everything about the way movies are made. It really is one of those movies that you must watch over and over again to fully appreciate. Every shot was meticulously constructed and everything in each shot means something. Personally I would not call it one of my favorites (much like Birth of a Nation) but I cannot deny how technically brilliant the film and and the fact that it is the most influenctial movie of all time and forever altered (for the better) the way films are made.

Comment

That, or Birth of a Nation..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                That, or Birth of a Nation..
                See my latest post where I mention Birth of a Nation. It can be argued that Birth of a Nation is actually the most influential movie of all time and I probably would not disagree. I think Citizen Kane is so highly rated because it is nowhere near as controversial as Birth of a Nation is in relation to the current state of things. I feel like Birth really does get shafted because of it's content. Even in film studies I had idiots hating on the movie and they refused to acknowladge just how influential the movie is and how staggeringly brilliant is was technically for it's time.

Comment

• Just finished watching The Producers again. Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen it has got to. One of the best comedies ever made.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Just saw Max Payne. It was pretty dern good.
                    Well according to reviews it is horrid. It is sitting at below 25 percent on Rottentomatoes which for an action movie is really bad. My favorite quote from a review was "The producers of movies based on video games must think their audience is nothing but easy-to-entertain morons. It's the only explanation for a movie this dark, dull, and dumb." I also liked this one which makes Max Payne sound like it is even worse than Uwe Boll flicks "An embarrassment to a genre that's already delivered some of the worst movies of the last ten years. " To each his own I suppose.

Comment

Well according to reviews it is horrid. It is sitting at below 25 percent on Rottentomatoes which for an action movie is really bad. My favorite quote from a review was "The producers of movies based on video games must think their audience is nothing but easy-to-entertain morons. It's the only explanation for a movie this dark, dull, and dumb." I also liked this one which makes Max Payne sound like it is even worse than Uwe Boll flicks "An embarrassment to a genre that's already delivered some of the worst movies of the last ten years. " To each his own I suppose.
                      WHAT?! Thats really disappointing. I was actually kind of looking forward to it. Just to see Mark Wahlberg kick ass.

But I guess I shouldnt be surprised. I was just hoping it wasn't absolute ****.

I wish directors could make a really good video game movie. Metal Gear Solid has all the makings of one. It could be really good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                        WHAT?! Thats really disappointing. I was actually kind of looking forward to it. Just to see Mark Wahlberg kick ass.

But I guess I shouldnt be surprised. I was just hoping it wasn't absolute ****.

I wish directors could make a really good video game movie. Metal Gear Solid has all the makings of one. It could be really good.
                        Producer Michael DeLuca has expressed interest in having Equilibrium director Kurt Wimmer write the script for the movie. Later on Kurt Wimmer was opted to direct the movie adaptation.[17] Konami's Aki Saito had commented that There Will Be Blood director Paul Thomas Anderson was interested,[18] but DeLuca dismissed the claim.[19]

What a tease :(.

But yeah, MGS has to be my all time favorite Video game series, they better do it justice.

Comment

• How long before they screw up a gears of war or halo movie?
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Wasn't Peter Jackson rumored to be attached to a Halo movie?

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              Producer Michael DeLuca has expressed interest in having Equilibrium director Kurt Wimmer write the script for the movie. Later on Kurt Wimmer was opted to direct the movie adaptation.[17] Konami's Aki Saito had commented that There Will Be Blood director Paul Thomas Anderson was interested,[18] but DeLuca dismissed the claim.[19]

What a tease :(.

But yeah, MGS has to be my all time favorite Video game series, they better do it justice.
                              Equlibrium was a cool movie. MGS has the makings of being more than just a cool movie though. Like a good movie, you know?

Yeha I heard about PTA possibly being interested. Who knows. Maybe he will change his mind. That would be absolutely sick.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                How long before they screw up a gears of war or halo movie?
                                You can't screw up something that is already bound to suck.

Originally posted by Halsey
                                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information