No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoa their buddy, those are some harsh words.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• He is right. How do you make a movie about Halo or Gears of War? Theres like no story, no character arcs, etc.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Well actually theres halo books that cover alot on the stories of cheif, the rings, covenant and thats what they were planning on basing the movie around. Gears has a line of comics out that help flesh out the stories as well. I mean if you can make a max payne movie, certainly you can make these ones. Theyd be huge gits at the box office good or bad.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I'm trying not to get my hopes up about a Metal Gear Solid movie. I think it could be good because the game is so focused on story, but I don't want to set high expectations for a video game movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            Well actually theres halo books that cover alot on the stories of cheif, the rings, covenant and thats what they were planning on basing the movie around. Gears has a line of comics out that help flesh out the stories as well. I mean if you can make a max payne movie, certainly you can make these ones. Theyd be huge gits at the box office good or bad.
            The Max Payne movie was terrible.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• I want a Devil May Cry movie. that would be ******* kickass

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                I want a Devil May Cry movie. that would be ******* kickass
                Speaking of which, I am reading Dante's Inferno.

I think the same thing goes for that game too. It would probably suck, even though the game is really fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  I'm trying not to get my hopes up about a Metal Gear Solid movie. I think it could be good because the game is so focused on story, but I don't want to set high expectations for a video game movie.
                  It's all about the director. If another paint by numbers ****** director is picked (much like Max Payne, Hitman, and many others had) it will no doubt be horrible. The fact that P.T. Anderson almost did it means that at least they are on the right track. They really need to get a director who makes smaller movies, ala Chris Nolan pre Batman, then I think a Metal Gear movie would be ******* excellent. There is already so much great material that in the right directors hand it could be a phenomenal movie.

Comment

• I hate video game movies. it's only a matter of time before we see a Grand Theft Auto movie thats just another cookie cutter crime drama with a famous title.

Comment

• There are too many movies like GTA anyway. I think that would be dumb. You can just watch other good crime dramas or rise to greatness movies.

Comment

• the reason there are so many movies like GTA is because they reference tons of movies in GTA

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I'm just saying it's only a matter of time before they realize attaching the name of one of history's greatest selling video games to a movie will bring in some serious cash.

Comment

• What happens when we mix one of our favorite directors (Fincher) and NFL?

One badass commercial

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              What happens when we mix one of our favorite directors (Fincher) and NFL?

One badass commercial
                              The music always makes these type of things work.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                What happens when we mix one of our favorite directors (Fincher) and NFL?

One badass commercial
                                That commercial is ******* awesome. Anytime you combine the music stylings of Ennio Morricone, David Fincher, and the NFL you get ultimate win.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information