Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I am thinking about how sad the movie was and what would I do on the last night before the world ends and really just how perfectly the movie ended.

I'd have to imagine I'd **** the brains out of some girl, and then send her somewhere to spend my last few hours with my family.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
      I'd have to imagine I'd **** the brains out of some girl, and then send her somewhere to spend my last few hours with my family.
      One of the characters does just that, minus the family part. He spends his last couple months on earth writing a giant sex list and then going through his list and doing everything on it.

Comment

One of the characters does just that, minus the family part. He spends his last couple months on earth writing a giant sex list and then going through his list and doing everything on it.

Good man. I think Turk puts it best in Scrubs. Take out asteroid and put any ending of the earth.

Turk: How you doin'?
        J.D.: Not too bad, considering there was just a bomb dropped on me.
        Turk: This thing was bigger than a bomb. It's more like an asteroid about to hit the planet. You know, people running in the middle of the streets like, "Oh my God, it's coming right at us!". Then dudes turn to hot chick and are like, "Look, we 'bout to die, so could I hit that?" And the girl's like "Hell to the no!". But then realizes, "Oh my God, I'm about to die. So you know what, yes you can hit this, but no kissing."

You could get some serious women.

Comment

• "Look, we 'bout to die, so could I hit that?"

I spit out milk when I read that.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I just finished watch Last Night. I cannot stress enough how much I recomend this movie to everyone. The ending is the most perfect thing I have ever viewed. It is an incredible touching movie that stirs up a lot of emotions and thoughts. Really it is everything a movie should be. Here is the IMDB page for those interested: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0156729/

I won't post the link to the movie online for fear of a certain mod infracting me but PM me if you want it.

EDIT: I finished the movie about half an hour ago and I still cannot think about it. No movie has had this effect on me since There Will Be Blood. The difference is coming out of TWBB I was shocked and excited and thinking how awesome the end was after Last Night I am thinking about how sad the movie was and what would I do on the last night before the world ends and really just how perfectly the movie ended.
            Canadian Cinema at it's best

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Canadian Cinema at it's best
              Indeed. In my mind it single handidly redeems Canadian cinema. The negatives of the pretentious **** canada produces is far outweighed by the pure genius of Last Night.

Comment

• Another great Canadian Movie is Eastern Promises, it is probably my favourite Canadian movie ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  Another great Canadian Movie is Eastern Promises, it is probably my favourite Canadian movie ever
                  Cronenberg is responsible for like half of the good Canadian movies in the last two decades.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    Another great Canadian Movie is Eastern Promises, it is probably my favourite Canadian movie ever
                    That is not even in my top 5 Cronenberg movies. Broduer is correct, Cronenerg has made at least half of the good canadian movies ever, not just in the past 20 years.

I just watched the Rahad Jackson scene from Boogie Nights 5 times. It is a ******* brilliant scene. So Perfect.
                    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10-18-2008, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• I really want to watch Let the Right One In. I have heard a lot of good things about it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• I did not like the end of Eastern Promises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          I did not like the end of Eastern Promises.
                          I was too mesmerized by some Viggo man meat to remember anything after.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• ABC Family is currently showing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. Figured I'd pass this along to anyone who is looking for something awesome to do the next 2 hours.
                            JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

That is not even in my top 5 Cronenberg movies. Broduer is correct, Cronenerg has made at least half of the good canadian movies ever, not just in the past 20 years.

I just watched the Rahad Jackson scene from Boogie Nights 5 times. It is a ******* brilliant scene. So Perfect.
                              Must I break it out, Gonzo? Must I?

Well, I will

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                                Must I break it out, Gonzo? Must I?

Well, I will

Rahad = Most underated movie character EVER. Tommy Jane is also ******* great in that scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information