Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Dont hate. I think that when Farrell doesnt choose douche bag roles, he is a fine actor. He was awesome in In Bruges and A Home At The End of the world, and was even bearable in Phone Booth which I dont think was nearly as bad a movie as most people believe. Team him with Norton, Jon Voight, Ill definately end up wathcing that movie.
    I'll hate all I want

Two Words

Miami Vice

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      I'll hate all I want

Two Words

Miami Vice
      I may be in the minority but I did not think it was that bad. Great movie, no. Good movie, maybe not. I just wouldn't call it bad. I did see it opening week in theatres sso it has been a while and I just may be wrong.

Comment

I'll hate all I want

Two Words

Miami Vice
        All of the movies I mentioned far overshadow the fact that he was in Miami Vice, which, while not very good, wasnt unwatchable. Ive seen worse. Alot worse. And that wasnt even Farrells fault. I just think hes an above average actor overall, and a damn good one when he isnt playing a douche.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Haha we're back on Farrell. I didn't hate Phone Booth and never saw anything else he did until I watched In Bruges about a week or so ago. His acting in IB was far better than I expected. But like I've said, I think it all depends on the roles he plays and the hype his movies receive. Most of the movies he's been in got waaay too much hype (Miami Vice, Alexander, etc.) and people went in thinking they would be kickass and they failed to deliver. I don't blame Farrell because after seeing In Bruges, I realized that he does have to potential to be a great actor. Maybe just needs to pick better roles/films..?

worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
            Haha we're back on Farrell. I didn't hate Phone Booth and never saw anything else he did until I watched In Bruges about a week or so ago. His acting in IB was far better than I expected. But like I've said, I think it all depends on the roles he plays and the hype his movies receive. Most of the movies he's been in got waaay too much hype (Miami Vice, Alexander, etc.) and people went in thinking they would be kickass and they failed to deliver. I don't blame Farrell because after seeing In Bruges, I realized that he does have to potential to be a great actor. Maybe just needs to pick better roles/films..?
            Meh. I mean Miami Vice was directed by Michael Mann, a great director. Can't really fault him for taking that role. Alexander was directed by Oliver Stone, a onetime great director. I won't fault him for that either.

Comment

• I know there are a lot of Cuthbert fans. And it is not a bad movie. Christian Slater does a really good job. But if you want to see Cuthberts boobs.

He Was a Quiet Man.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• I really want to see Role Models.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                  I know there are a lot of Cuthbert fans. And it is not a bad movie. Christian Slater does a really good job. But if you want to see Cuthberts boobs.

He Was a Quiet Man.
                  I approve. It was an enjoyable darkly quirky film.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    I know there are a lot of Cuthbert fans. And it is not a bad movie. Christian Slater does a really good job. But if you want to see Cuthberts boobs.

He Was a Quiet Man.
                    Body Double.

Comment

I'll hate all I want

Two Words

Miami Vice
                      I thought miami vice was ok, it wasn'y a great as i hope it would be, but it was ok, it didn't really fell right to me.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Stan Lee says he sees the Spider Man franchise being long running similarly to the James Bond series. Interesting

Comment

Stan Lee says he sees the Spider Man franchise being long running similarly to the James Bond series. Interesting
                          I agree with Stan.

Every generation will have their Bond, Superman, etc. I don't see why Spiderman shouldn't/won't be in that grouping.

Comment

• Luckily there is nearly 50 years worth of material to work with

Comment

Luckily there is nearly 50 years worth of material to work with
                              Agreed. Those that will be involved with future Spiderman developments won't be hard up for material.

Unlike Batman. Who's (whose?) creators will find it difficult to bring in a new antagonist that fits in their semi-realistic world.
                              Last edited by Bruce Banner; 10-24-2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• I'd like for X-Men to expand for a few more sequels but it's much harder to do that with the larger cast

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information