Clear All

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    My totally random predictions for this year's Best Picture nominations:

Revolutionary Road
    Doubt
    Frost/Nixon
    Milk
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    I hate Sean Penn as a human being and about 75% as an actor.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I think Revolutionary Road will win

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
        O **** yes. FWIW I would have liked him as Gambit.
        Reynolds realy isnt a Gambit type character, but playing into the whole Deadpool ideal is relly right up his alley. The sarcastic, crazy, nutbar is really the same type of character he played in Blade Trinity (which I personally loved him in, nesides teh movies shittiness) and I can really see him excelling as Deadpool. Probably the best cast Fox has done so far on a Marvel character and i can definately see him getting his own movie
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Reynolds realy isnt a Gambit type character, but playing into the whole Deadpool ideal is relly right up his alley. The sarcastic, crazy, nutbar is really the same type of character he played in Blade Trinity (which I personally loved him in, nesides teh movies shittiness) and I can really see him excelling as Deadpool. Probably the best cast Fox has done so far on a Marvel character and i can definately see him getting his own movie
          Nah, I agree.

I was misinformed. I thought Gambit was the wisecracking mofo.

Comment

• I'm still kinda disappointed they didn't get Josh Halloway for Gambit. He would've been perfect IMO. I guess it was one of those casting choices that made so much sense that they decided against it or something.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              I'm still kinda disappointed they didn't get Josh Halloway for Gambit. He would've been perfect IMO. I guess it was one of those casting choices that made so much sense that they decided against it or something.
              I thought Josh Holloway turned them down prior to X-Men 3 because it was too similiar to his role as Sawyer?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                I thought Josh Holloway turned them down prior to X-Men 3 because it was too similiar to his role as Sawyer?
                Hadn't heard that. If that's the case they should've thrown a little more money at him.
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I just re-watched Jarhead for the first time since I saw it in theatres, and what an absolutely spectacular film. I remember having several qualms with it after seeing it in theatres, but I am honestly moved right now. I absolutely love Jake Gyllenhaal, and Peter Sarsgaard is one of the most underrated actors in hollywood. Both are spectacular. Sam Mendes is a fantastic director, and I have said many times American beauty may be the best overall film I have seen. And I must say, I am very very happy with Jarhead right now.

The cinematography in the film is absolutely spectacular. The shot of jake Gyllenhaal standing when the sound fades out and the bomb explodes right behind him, and the camera focuses in on hte flecks of sand hitting his face, is now one of my favourite shots in recent memory. Just astounding.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Vampires are so tired but, let the right one in does look pretty good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Solid list. The only one I don't see is Doubt. For some reason I just don't think it will get a nom. I am thinking Synecdoche New York gets in over it. I must look over upcoming releases soon and make my own list.
                      I think the word for Synecdoche New York is way too mixed for it to get a nomination. That and the Academy hasn't given Kauffman a Best Picture nomination for his other critically acclaimed movies.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

THe studio didn't want to bring in Gambit because they thought he was too similar to Wolverine.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                          THe studio didn't want to bring in Gambit because they thought he was too similar to Wolverine.
                          They know nothing about the character of Gambit. I'd really like to see Marvel reaquire the rights to x-men and spiderman(movie wise) and see how they'd make those movies. Maybe fantastic four as well. Galactus a cloud? Are you kidding me?
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            They know nothing about the character of Gambit. I'd really like to see Marvel reaquire the rights to x-men and spiderman(movie wise) and see how they'd make those movies. Maybe fantastic four as well. Galactus a cloud? Are you kidding me?
                            Well Galactus is an energy cloud in the comics now too

Comment

Well Galactus is an energy cloud in the comics now too
                              Ahhh ***. Is that the ultimate version or something?
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Anyone seen Pride and Glory?
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information