Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    That movie is so overrated
    Good movie? Sure. Great movie? Not at all. It seems like it is the hip movie to love these days. Kind of like Donnie Darko but not as awesome.

Comment

• Jarhead does have some great cinematopgraphy but, it is pretty much widely regarded as a rather empty storied, anticlimactic piece. It was kind of a letdown. I'm not much of war movie fan and this one wasn't all that great either. The cast saved it, imo.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-26-2008, 11:21 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        Good movie? Sure. Great movie? Not at all. It seems like it is the hip movie to love these days. Kind of like Donnie Darko but not as awesome.
        It's pretty much every high school kid's favroite movie. (Boondock Saints) I honestly dont even know how the hell this came to be. haha. I agree...it's not bad but, not great by any means.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Jarhead does have some great cinematopgraphy but, it is pretty much widely regarded as a rather empty storied, anticlimactic piece. It was kind of a letdown. I'm not much of war movie fan and this one wasn't all that great either, imo. The cast saved it, imo.
          I was a fan of the end. I reay love the novel and I felt the film does it great justice. Peter Saarsgard was long a favorite of mine going in to that film and he proved that he is a top actor is the biz. It is a shame he hasn't really acted in a while. He was my Ben Foster before Ben Foster took on that role.

Comment

Jarhead does have some great cinematopgraphy but, it is pretty much widely regarded as a rather empty storied, anticlimactic piece. It was kind of a letdown. I'm not much of war movie fan and this one wasn't all that great either. The cast saved it, imo.
            Its not supposed to be a war movie. In fact it's the exact opposite. It shows that "war" isn't always as glamorous as the movies make it out to be

Comment

• he has SARS in his name. Enough said.

^A Bonekrusher production^
              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                he has SARS in his name. Enough said.
                That may have had relevance if it was still 2003

Comment

Its not supposed to be a war movie. In fact it's the exact opposite. It shows that "war" isn't always as glamorous as the movies make it out to be
                  And that he didn't get to fire a single shot all through the war. Also that they have to do stupid **** to make the army look good.

Comment

Technicallly, it's still considered a war movie. It's message was clear but, it didnt really make up for the fact that it just wasnt all that good, imo.

I figured I'd like it, knowing full well what it was. I typically hate war movies...not going to delve to deeply into that but, yeah...I just figured it would have been better. It was pretty much a 50/50 deal w/ critics...decent but, not all that good, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Technicallly, it's still considered a war movie. It's message was clear but, it didnt really make up for the fact that it just wasnt all that good, imo.

I figured I'd like it, knowing full well what it was. I typically hate war movies...not going to delve to deeply into that but, yeah...I just figured it would have been better. It was pretty much a 50/50 deal w/ critics...decent but, not all that good, imo.
                      ******* double post bastard. To make this post worthwhile I am watching the Clerks cartoon again on youtube and it is glorious. Such an underapreciated show.
                      Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10-26-2008, 11:39 PM.

Comment

To each his own. I remeber I ended rehersal for a scene I was directing way early a few days before it was performed so a bunch of friends and myself could go to the premiere. My friends who were in the scene even thought I should not have ended early as we were nowhere near ready but I had to call in a favor for those tickets and I thought it was worth it. I am a huge fan of the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          To each his own.
                          About the only thing that could be said about Jarhead. I thought it was a very good movie that showed that war shouldn't be glorified and that what we are doing over this is nasty business.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• If you want to see a really biased war movie, watch Battle for Haditha. I swear it was financed by Al Qaeda

Comment

If you want to see a really biased war movie, watch Battle for Haditha. I swear it was financed by Al Qaeda
                              is that the one that had Billy Zane?
                              Last edited by Brent; 10-26-2008, 11:44 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                is that the one that had Billy Zane?
                                It has nobody famous

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information