Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    What's everyone think about the latest Keanu Reeves sci fi film The Day The Earth Stood Still?
    I'm a sucker for sci-fi movies and I find Keanu amusing simply because he's always so lost and confused. Reminds me a lot as an actor of one of my best friends who has adhd and bad ocd.

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I just read Watchmen. I now know what to expect. I can't wait for it to come out
    I downloaded all three off acquisition and just couldn't stop reading them. I'm really curious how they handle the ending since I've read they cahnged it for the film. Really hope Rorshach, the comedian and Ozymandias come across right.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
      I downloaded all three off acquisition and just couldn't stop reading them. I'm really curious how they handle the ending since I've read they cahnged it for the film. Really hope Rorshach, the comedian and Ozymandias come across right.
      All three are being played by top notch actors so I am not worried. Jackie Earle Haley is perfect for Rorshach and I think he will give the stand out performance in the flick. I have always been a huge fan of Mathew Goode and even though he is a bit young for the part (from what I understand the whole cast is young so he fits with everyhing) of Ozymandias I think he is going to suprise a lot of people who do not know who he is and steal every scene he is in. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has always been one of my favorite TV guest stars and from what I have seen in the trailers he will do a fantastic job.

Comment

• Gonzo, Thank you for suggesting American Beauty. Incredible movie. Loved every second of it.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          Gonzo, Thank you for suggesting American Beauty. Incredible movie. Loved every second of it.
          I am glad. It is a pretty stardard suggestions from those who love movies. Brilliant acting, directing, and writing. I also thought it was an all around amazing film.

Comment

Gonzo, Thank you for suggesting American Beauty. Incredible movie. Loved every second of it.
            I have repeatedly stated that its very possible its the best overall film I have ever seen. No matter how many times I watch it (and I have watched it many many times), I always walk away astounded at some aspect of the film, be it the acting, cinematography, writing, messages, etc.

Im wathcing another personal favourite of mine, Trainspotting. For anyone who enjoys black humour, and films reminiscent to Fight Club and that trangressional genre, I recommend it if you havent seen it. Ewan Mcgregor kicks all kinds of ass.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Lol...that movie is another one that isnt for everyone. I personally dislike Trainspotting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                All three are being played by top notch actors so I am not worried. Jackie Earle Haley is perfect for Rorshach and I think he will give the stand out performance in the flick. I have always been a huge fan of Mathew Goode and even though he is a bit young for the part (from what I understand the whole cast is young so he fits with everyhing) of Ozymandias I think he is going to suprise a lot of people who do not know who he is and steal every scene he is in. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has always been one of my favorite TV guest stars and from what I have seen in the trailers he will do a fantastic job.
                I have incredibly high expectations though. I love those three characters, they were by far my favorite part of all twelve issues. Those roles should be on par with Heath's Joker for just incredibly captivating characters if the actors are good enough. I'm hoping they knock this film out of the park and am incredibly excited to see this film.

Comment

• Re-watching Wristcutters: A love story and I don't get why you guys don't mention this movie more often. It's really great to watch, although I love both Tom Waits and Gogol Bordello who were involved with this film so maybe i'm just being a homer.

Comment

Every facet of American Beauty was just plain awesome.

worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Hook was on TV last night. I love Hook.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                        Rookie of the Year........Daniel Stern cracks me up in that movie.

Let the big dog eat!!
                        Phil Brickma > Dave Duncan

Now, the key to being a big league pitcher is the three R's: readiness, recuperation, & conditioning.
                        ---
                        Ya see, after the game, a lot of guys like to ice up their arm. Still other fellas think that heat is the way to go. But I have discovered the secret - hot ice! That's right, hot ice! I heat up the ice cubes! It's the best of both worlds!
                        ---
                        Baseball is one hundred and sixty two grueling games played in more than a dozen cities. Now, on the field we conserve our energy; on the road we conserve our food. Everywhere we go there's free food! Take a piece of cake for example. Now, I wrap it up in my vomit bag, I take it back to the hotel, put it on ice, and in the morning, vwala, breakfast!

Comment

• Just watched Fargo last night for the first time in a long time, the Coen Brothers are just awesome.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Fargo is super awesome. I have yet to see Burn After Reading, but it looks very similar to the greatness that is Fargo.

worker bees can leave
                            even drones can fly away
                            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                              Fargo is super awesome. I have yet to see Burn After Reading, but it looks very similar to the greatness that is Fargo.
                              Burn After Reading was no where close to Fargo. Fargo is, in my mind, one of the better films I have seen, whereas Burn After Reading was enjoyable, but it was certainly not spectacular. Burn After Reading had its endearing qualities, but overall I came away from the movie expecting alot more.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I wish there was more hype about GI Joe right now. I'm hoping it lives up to my incredibly lofty expectations

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information