Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I wish there was more hype about GI Joe right now. I'm hoping it lives up to my incredibly lofty expectations
    I feel bad for you because I don't think it will come anywhere near meeting your expectations. I just having a feeling it will be utter ****. There are really no talented people involved in making it which tends to mean a horrible film. Maybe it will suprise me but just going on the people involved in making the film I have zero desire to see it.

Comment

I wish there was more hype about GI Joe right now. I'm hoping it lives up to my incredibly lofty expectations
      I grew up on GI JOE and Transformers - I hope GI JOE doesn't let me down as well. Maybe I can keep my fingers crossed for a cool version of ThunderCats or Voltron.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        I feel bad for you because I don't think it will come anywhere near meeting your expectations. I just having a feeling it will be utter ****. There are really no talented people involved in making it which tends to mean a horrible film. Maybe it will suprise me but just going on the people involved in making the film I have zero desire to see it.
        Well it does have recognizable names, but your right on the talent part. Hopefully it will surprise everyone and be good, but it's almost assuredly going to be terrible, especially with the extremely high expectations for a movie based on the greatest toy ever from the GI Joe generation, including myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
          I grew up on GI JOE and Transformers - I hope GI JOE doesn't let me down as well. Maybe I can keep my fingers crossed for a cool version of ThunderCats or Voltron.
          thank god JJ EXPLOSION isn't making GI Joe

ThunderCats would be tits as a real life movie

THUNDER...
          THUNDER...
          THUNDER...
          THUNDERCATS......HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

• I died a little inside when I read that GI Joe was being changed into an international anti-terrorism strike force in Brussels.

Comment

I died a little inside when I read that GI Joe was being changed into an international anti-terrorism strike force in Brussels.
              what?!?!?!

that's incredibly lame.

but I do like this synopsis from IMDB:

Stephen Sommers will direct (here's hoping he reigns in the CG), from a script by Stuart Beattie. The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer. --Real Movie News 11/20/07

This has since changed due to overwhelimg negative response from fans and even servicemen.

GiJoe is once again "A real american hero", not an international UN type organization according to Hasbro
              http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default....FAEBF95750D7E9

Comment

• also, the pics don't look that great on IMDB, especially how Channing Tatum as Duke does not look like Duke, they all just have dumb futuristic looking suits on

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  also, the pics don't look that great on IMDB, especially how Channing Tatum as Duke does not look like Duke, they all just have dumb futuristic looking suits on
                  Well they did the same thing with X-Men, giving them all brand new costumes.

Comment

Well they did the same thing with X-Men, giving them all brand new costumes.
                    true, but I'm more upset about this

especially because Dennis Quaid's character looks more like Duke than Duke actually does

Comment

true, but I'm more upset about this

especially because Dennis Quaid's character looks more like Duke than Duke actually does
                      That's because Duke is being played by a 20 something.

Comment

• Channing Tatum in any movie = epic fail

Comment

That's because Duke is being played by a 20 something.
                          also true

and I cannot see 3rd Rock from the Sun pulling off an evil mastermind in the form of Cobra commander

also, Marlon Wayans?

Comment

also true

and I cannot see 3rd Rock from the Sun pulling off an evil mastermind in the form of Cobra commander

also, Marlon Wayans?
                            Gordon-Levitt is awesome though.

Marlon Wayans only got the part because of his performance in Requiem for A Dream.

Comment

also true

also, Marlon Wayans?
                              Joseph Gordon Levitt is a great actor and IMO will probably be the strongest part of the film.

Comment

Gordon-Levitt is awesome though.

Marlon Wayans only got the part because of his performance in Requiem for A Dream.
                                Gordon-Levitt is awesome, I just doubt his ability to convince me he's evil. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

I still think Scary Movie, Wayans Bros., and yes, the 6th Man, when I see Marlon Wayans.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information