No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Changeling yesterday. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Loved it.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Watched The Bank Job and The Promotion last night, both pretty decent.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        I saw Changeling yesterday. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Loved it.
        That's good to hear, I think I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
          Watched The Bank Job and The Promotion last night, both pretty decent.
          I liked the bank job, for it's genre it did a good job and was entertaining throughout without stagnating.

Finally saw W. last night and it was aight, average film to slightly below average.

Comment

• Its odd you say that about Changeling, it has gotten some pretty bad reviews so far...

I saw Zack and Miri tonight, and I ******* loved it. Every single minute. I think it is Kevin Smith's best work, maybe because it was nice to see him brach out from View Askew, I dont know, but I loved the entire movie. I thought it was genius. There were so many laugh out loud moments, and while some people may diagnosis with Wedding Crashers syndrome (ie. an extremely raunchy beginning followed by a more romantic finish), I certainly wouldnt say that is a bad thing. Like Wedding Crashers, it hit all the right notes at the right moment.

I normally dont really enjoy Seth Rogan, because I feel he plays the same stoner failure in every movie, but I was so happy to see him not touch a joint all movie and I felt this was BY FAR his funniest performance.

And **** silent bob, Jason Mewes was absolutely HILARIOUS in this movie. Along with the very underrated Craig Robinson, they were the best parts about the movie. Overall though, just ******* hilarious.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• At first, I thought Clint Eastwood was remaking "The Changeling".. Oh well, Changeling still looks like it could be good.

Comment

• Watching Bender's Game,the 3rd futurama movie

loved the 1st two, hope this one is the same

Comment

• I'm watching death sentence...it's pretty hilarious. Kevin Bacon just f'ing bitches up in a very odd, sometimes timid way. This has to be the lamest/weakest street gang ever because, Bacon really is f'ing up their whole crew. Music choice is very strange in this movie...some of it works but, the majority is just off. It really is a poor movie but again, watching mild mannered, Kevin Bacon, single handedly take out some well renowned and feared street gang is pretty fun. He is moving so slow and yet dodging everything, that might just be the crappy aim, I dont know for sure but, it's pretty funny. Weird movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I'm watching death sentence...it's pretty hilarious. Kevin Bacon just f'ing bitches up in a very odd, sometimes timid way. This has to be the lamest/weakest street gang ever because, Bacon really is f'ing up their whole crew. Music choice is very strange in this movie...some of it works but, the majority is just off. It really is a poor movie but again, watching mild mannered, Kevin Bacon, single handedly take out some well renowned and feared street gang is pretty fun. He is moving so slow and yet dodging everything, that might just be the crappy aim, I dont know for sure but, it's pretty funny. Weird movie.
                    I've seen that film and I strangely enjoyed it. Probably because I'm a fan of Garrett Hedlund, but Kevin Bacon is an interestingly appealing bad ass.

Comment

• I didnt even know that was Hedlund until like 10 minutes ago...looks nothing like him.

Yeah, the movie is pretty stupid but, one of those that will keep you entertained. You might be laughing at it, though...but still. Oh and John Goodman is such a strange choice to play the big gang head or w/e in this movie. Very poorly put together.

As for other movie news...I heard that Justin Chatwin is playing Goku in a Dragon Ball movie. Now, I know nothing about Dragon Ball Z but, that kid is a horrific actor so, ummm....I'm predicting that movie is going to be garbage. Granted, I wouldnt be caught dead watching a Dragon Balls movie but, the news that this kid will star in it...just guaranteed that i'll never see it and it is bound to suck.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-02-2008, 01:55 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I watched Death Sentence on some movie channel a few weeks ago, and my experience was exactly the same. I didn't know it was Hedlund until the end credits (obviously I'm not as big a fan as caddy and some others). My sister kept telling me to turn it off because it was so bad, and I agreed with her, but I just couldn't turn it off. Not only can the entire gang not get Kevin Bacon, but they only go 1/3 on an at-your-feet execution.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          As for other movie news...I heard that Justin Chatwin is playing Goku in a Dragon Ball movie. Now, I know nothing about Dragon Ball Z but, that kid is a horrific actor so, ummm....I'm predicting that movie is going to be garbage. Granted, I wouldnt be caught dead watching a Dragon Balls movie but, the news that this kid will star in it...just guaranteed that i'll never see it and it is bound to suck.
                          I'm glad that the guy playing Goku can't act, what made that show appealing as a kid was how absurd it was and how all of the characters where over-acting if that's possible for a cartoon. This movie should be one of those horrendous films that's hilarious, not saying it's army of darkness or anything but the movie is going to be so bad it's good, if it's going to be good at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                            Watching Bender's Game,the 3rd futurama movie
                            Saw it a few days ago, I thought it was funny but predictable. Definitely better than the second but I still like the first the most.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                              I'm glad that the guy playing Goku can't act, what made that show appealing as a kid was how absurd it was and how all of the characters where over-acting if that's possible for a cartoon. This movie should be one of those horrendous films that's hilarious, not saying it's army of darkness or anything but the movie is going to be so bad it's good, if it's going to be good at all.
                              Actually i was going to post an early review for it about half a week ago but figured no one would care. Basically the critic said half of the actors did an amazing job while the other ones just sucked. Action scenes are supposedly going to be epic espically the last one. Ended up giving it a 7/10. I predict a rotten score of about 30%.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                                Did you just say Army of Darkness is bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information