X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An American Tail 3: Fievel Goes the **** Back in His Cage

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
      As a huge Aronofsky fan I can tell you that after the fountain, which I loved, not as much as his other films but still deeply enjoyable, bombed at the box office DA couldn't get a studio to pick up any of his own scripts and so he has to make a few films now based of other people's scripts to prove that he is not only a breath-taking artist but also a money-maker. That's why he's doing the fighter and the wrestler, not his own scripts, and the RoboCop remake should give him that big hit that lets him go back to completing his own scripts.
      I still consider it a damn shame that Aronofsky didn't get his Batman project with Christian Bale pushed through in 2002 and an even larger shame that the studio gave the Watchman trailer to Zack Snyder instead of him.

Not that I don't love Robocop. Who doesn't? But it was done right the first time. Really doesn't need to be redone. Just seems like a waste.
      Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 11-10-2008, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        I still consider it a damn shame that Aronofsky didn't get his Batman project with Christian Bale pushed through in 2002 and an even larger shame that the studio gave the Watchman trailer to Zack Snyder instead of him.

Not that I don't love Robocop. Who doesn't? But it was done right the first time. Really doesn't need to be redone. Just seems like a waste.
        I would have loved to have seen Darren do the watchmen, while I'm sure I would've loved his batman, Christopher Nolan just did a remarkable job with TDK and is on my short list of favorite directors and people I want to work for so I'm very pleased with how it worked out. it's a shame Darren didn't get watchmen, but let's look forward to darren's version of robocop, while the original was great I think darren can match and even exceed it.

What really hurts is darren hasn't had a blockbuster hit yet and so I'm hoping robocop gives him that monster money maker on his resume which lets him get more intriguing big projects.

Comment

• Last night, I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it as it was interestingly done. Was also different seeing Jim Carrey in that sort of more serious role, but I think he played it well. I need to watch it again though.

worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• The past 4 weeks I have seen Sex Drvie, ZAch and miri, and ROle Models, I thought all fo them were ****** hilarious, Sex Drvie didn't get as much pub cuz it opened the same week as *** high school musical 3 but it was really a funny movie. Ronnie (little black kid) in role models was absolutely great haha. Go see all three if you haven't yet I'd rank them like this

1. Zach and miri
            2. Role Models
            3. Sex Drive

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
            LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
              Last night, I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it as it was interestingly done. Was also different seeing Jim Carrey in that sort of more serious role, but I think he played it well. I need to watch it again though.
              Nice. ESSM has been my definite #1 for sometime now. I loved everything about it; the story, the visuals and the ending was absolutely perfect IMO. Great film.
              Last edited by Paul; 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                Last night, I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it as it was interestingly done. Was also different seeing Jim Carrey in that sort of more serious role, but I think he played it well. I need to watch it again though.
                This movie just recently surpassed American Beauty to move to #2 on my all time favourite film list. I am developing an obsession with Charlie Kaufman, and I must say, while I love Adaptation and Being John Malkovich, ESSM is definately his best work and it hits all the right notes at all the right moments. I loved the entire film, and the ending and the message the film is presenting are both awesome. Just an overall spectacular film.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  Eww. They are making a Hellraiser remake
                  This makes me sick. ******* ridiculous. The original is a CLASSIC of the horror genre.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    This makes me sick. ******* ridiculous. The original is a CLASSIC of the horror genre.
                    It comes out in January. 2 months before the crappy Friday the 13th remake

Comment

It comes out in January. 2 months before the crappy Friday the 13th remake
                      As a big fan of horror films, I might kill myself over all this... or at least kill someone.

Comment

• I think Wes Craven has also sold the rights for like all of his non-Nightmare films to be remade. I know they are doing Last House on The Left and Shocker

Actually Nightmare on Elm Street is being remade in 2010
                        Last edited by SuperKevin; 11-10-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• What is the obsession with remakes? Has one ever been good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            What is the obsession with remakes? Has one ever been good?
                            I dont believe so but I am sure some will disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              What is the obsession with remakes? Has one ever been good?
                              Today's youth doesn't remember, nor do they have the patience to discover classic horror films so its a quick buck for studios to remake them. Blame Rob Zombie and the fact that his Halloween remake made money

Comment

Today's youth doesn't remember, nor do they have the patience to discover classic horror films so its a quick buck for studios to remake them. Blame Rob Zombie and the fact that his Halloween remake made money
                                I think it started long before that movie. Hell, When a Stranger Calls was a remake of an awful movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information