Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I think it started long before that movie. Hell, When a Stranger Calls was a remake of an equally awful movie.
    true but Hollywood has now tapped the 70s/80s horror revival for remakes. Blame greedy ass Wes Craven

Comment

• Or the Hitcher. At least it had super hot Sophia Bush.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        true but Hollywood has now tapped the 70s/80s horror revival for remakes. Blame greedy ass Wes Craven
        Remakes really get to me for some reason, which is why I didnt like hearing that Aronofsky was re-making RoboCop. One that really got me up in arms was The Last Man on Earth/Omega Man remake I am Legend with Will Smith. That movie was garbage and crapped all over the book and original movie. Also, that was a remake of a remake.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Ennio Morricone will be scoring Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/16...RDS/Page1.html

This news makes me even more pumped to see this movie. Say what you will about Tarantino and how his films have inspired a legion of ****** filmakers but his movies are brilliant as theatre going experiances and if nothing else evern single piece of news of this movie further intruiges me. I mean the cast is so odd and from what I hear the script is crazy so I am very excited to see the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds
            This movie sounds epic. I cannot wait. Also, Mélanie Laurent is a cutie.
            Last edited by Brent; 11-10-2008, 05:43 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              Ennio Morricone will be scoring Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/16...RDS/Page1.html

This news makes me even more pumped to see this movie. Say what you will about Tarantino and how his films have inspired a legion of ****** filmakers but his movies are brilliant as theatre going experiances and if nothing else evern single piece of news of this movie further intruiges me. I mean the cast is so odd and from what I hear the script is crazy so I am very excited to see the movie.
              It isnt Tarantino's fault he was so influential :D its the stupid little pricks who think cinema started with Tarantino who are the problem...but I too am very excited for Inglorious Basterds. Is Simon Pegg still rumoured to be involved?
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                It isnt Tarantino's fault he was so influential :D its the stupid little pricks who think cinema started with Tarantino who are the problem...but I too am very excited for Inglorious Basterds. Is Simon Pegg still rumoured to be involved?
                They used that line in How to lose friends and alienate people. I remeber because it was one of the only memorable quotes from the movie.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Pegg dropped out I believe.

Comment

• Can't wait for Inglorious Bastards.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• In an effort to redeem Simon Pegg from the horrible showing he gave last night, I just watched Run Fat Boy, Run again. What a great movie. I know alot of critics didnt like it, but i personally felt it was the movie that turned Pegg from british comedian to a full fledged actor. He puts on a great performance, and Hank Azaria is really funny as usual. Overall, its a great comedy that has that little bit of cheesy inspirational stuff thrown in. I recommend it to anyone, as its a little more mainstream then Pegg's other comedy work, but a good film nonetheless.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Look I can't wait for Inglorious Bastards, but The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is the movie scheduled to come out in 2009 that I most can't wait for. Terry Gilliam, Heath ledger (depp, law and Ferrell playing his character in dream sequences that were not shot prior to heath's death) and tom waits has my just giddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Remakes really get to me for some reason, which is why I didnt like hearing that Aronofsky was re-making RoboCop. One that really got me up in arms was The Last Man on Earth/Omega Man remake I am Legend with Will Smith. That movie was garbage and crapped all over the book and original movie. Also, that was a remake of a remake.
                          You know that Darren's robocop will be completely unique and his own though so I don't really mind it, as long as a director isn't trying to re-make the old version but instead create his own new version I don't mind re-makes.

Comment

• But Gus Van Sant's Psycho proved that exact remakes are awesome...

Comment

• http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0602097/

Ewww. Stan Lee wants Will Smith to play Captain America.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0602097/

Ewww. Stan Lee wants Will Smith to play Captain America.
                                Haven't we already discussed this, or was that on another forum?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information