No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if this has been posted before but Kenneth Branagh is set to direct Thor. I think it is a great choice. Branagh is pure awesomeness and his style will fit perfectly with the tone of Thor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      I don't know if this has been posted before but Kenneth Branagh is set to direct Thor. I think it is a great choice. Branagh is pure awesomeness and his style will fit perfectly with the tone of Thor.
      Now, who the hell is gonna play Thor?
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Now, who the hell is gonna play Thor?
        They asked Daniel Craig at the QOS press conference and he laughed and said no.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          They asked Daniel Craig at the QOS press conference and he laughed and said no.
          Eh, Thor is supposed to be pretty tall. Craig is only like 5'10.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Cameras can work wonders.

^A Bonekrusher production^
            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Eh, Thor is supposed to be pretty tall. Craig is only like 5'10.
              I know, i still have my man crush on him from 007 so i think it'd be cool. The again they made LOTR hobbits look pretty small with some nice CGI.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I have huge man love for Charlie Kaufman, and Synechdote has gotten glowing reviews so far. I am really excited for it, and cant wait to go see it. Apparently, its alot darker then his previous work, and the script actually started out as a horror script, which Kaufman twisted to reflect the real life horrors of being human. I am really, really excited for this film.

And as for Branaugh and Thor, I heard that a little while ago, and I think its an excellent choice. Maybe Branaugh himself will play Thor? It isnt like hes a terrible actor, and with a little conditioning he could bulk up. I heard Brad Pitt is the studio's first choice to star though.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                  If I could give you more rep I would for mentioning the Cary Grant movies. Bringing up Baby is almost as funny as Arsenic and Old Lace, and The Philadelphia Story is just an awesome movie.
                  Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn and James Stewart are amazing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Got an EMail from Criterion. Everything on their site is 40% off. DVD's, shirts, bags, whatever. The sale ends November 24th at Midnight.

www.criterion.com

This is great.. there's quite a few Criterion DVD's that I've been wanting to order.. The Seventh Seal and 8 1/2, among others..
                    Last edited by WMD; 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• I am currently getting The Dark Knight, cant wait to watch it again once its done.

Comment

• I went to a Fund Raiser yesterday. They showed a trailer for "Defiance". I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

• God.. I think I'm just going to blow a bunch on DVD's.. I can't pass on some of these.

Comment

• Finally got to see Zack & Miri and [as you mostlikely know] it was ******* hysterical. I'm mad at myself that it took me this long to go see it. God that was excellence.

worker bees can leave
                            even drones can fly away
                            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Meh, ignore the Criterion sale. You can still get them cheaper on DeepDiscount with the 25% off code. I just bought:

8 1/2, The Seventh Seal, Seven Samurai, The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Throne of Blood, and a 3 Disc Set of movies by Sergei Eisenstein (Alexander Nevsky and Ivan the Terrible 1 & 2)

$14 cheaper on DeepDiscount than on Criterion's site.

Comment

• Just watched Role Models...thought it was pretty funny. DEFINATELY not as funny as Zack and Miri...not even close, to be honest. Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott were both very funny, but Christopher Mintz Plasse actually annoyed the hell out of me and the little black kid was funny too. Overall, the LAIRE stuff was pretty annoying after the first little bit and it was a little too feel good for my liking, but it definately had some laugh out loud moments. I liked it better then Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express, but it was nowehere near Zack and Miri IMO.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information