Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my God Max Payne was bad.

That new Watchman trailer is pretty cool. I just can't wait for what I hope is Jackie Earle Haley's next comic book role...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      Well, that is because Twilight is based on a series of books written for 13 year old girls.
      Yeah its true, but the similarities are funny. Vampire teen dreamy guy who saves humans and fights other vampires vs possible vampire 10 year old girl who kills regular people.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Joker_232 View Post
        anyone here think that the happening was the worst movie ever made?
        Yes. I didn't think anything could top Weekend at Bernie's 2, but M. Night found a way. I'm very disappointed in Brian O'Hallaran, Alan Ruck, and even Spencer Breslin for having even the smallest roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Yes. I didn't think anything could top Weekend at Bernie's 2, but M. Night found a way. I'm very disappointed in Brian O'Hallaran, Alan Ruck, and even Spencer Breslin for having even the smallest roles.
          well and the fact that i like mike wahlburg alot, and i thought that was a terrible film for him

Comment

• Yeah M. Night tried to go for something different and it did'nt work out to say the least.

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Oh my God Max Payne was bad.
            What was so bad about it?

Originally posted by Brent View Post
            Has anyone heard of "Let the Right On In"? It's a foreign film getting amazing reviews:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnol...therightonein/

It looks awesome.
            That does look good.
            Last edited by Menardo75; 11-14-2008, 05:02 PM.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
              What was so bad about it?
              The writing
              The acting
              The editing
              The pseudo-references to the game
              Hell, even the action scenes were pretty lame.

It was just bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                The writing
                The acting
                The editing

It was just bad.
                whelp...not goin to see that one lol

Comment

The writing
                  The acting
                  The editing

It was just bad.
                  Movies like Max Payne, Resident Evil, and Doom will continue to get made because they already have a fanbase that will flock to the theatres regardless of how good or bad the films are. I just refuse to pay anything to see video game adaptations unless those involved are completly trustworthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    unless those involved are completly trustworthy.
                    And those types usually dont do video game movies.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Movies like Max Payne, Resident Evil, and Doom will continue to get made because they already have a fanbase that will flock to the theatres regardless of how good or bad the films are. I just refuse to pay anything to see video game adaptations unless those involved are completly trustworthy.
                      Or unless they're made by Uwe Boll, because at least then they are automatically going to be hilarious.

Comment

Or unless they're made by Uwe Boll, because at least then they are automatically going to be hilarious.
                        See, I disagree. I am pretty bored, so I made a crude chart to demonstrate:

There is a point where a movie is so bad that it becomes good but I refuse to believe that any thing that guy touches will reach that point.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Did you see In the Name of the King? Because I'm not sure you'd be saying that if you heard Burt Reynolds' "as long as there is seaweed there will be land and as long as there is land there will be KINGS" speech.

Uwe Boll makes crapfests, but there are always so poorly written and acted, they fall way below the mediocrity line. They are definitely hilarious trainwrecks.

Comment

• saw Quantom of Solace. 3.5 Stars. I miss Peirce as Bond. Action scenes aren't the same without him.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• anybody got any opinions on the new Saw movie. im still amazed on how they can think of stuff like that. More of a Filler movie but it was still good.

definitely messed with my head for a couple days...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
                                anybody got any opinions on the new Saw movie. im still amazed on how they can think of stuff like that. More of a Filler movie but it was still good.

definitely messed with my head for a couple days...
                                Filler movie it was indeed. It added absolutely nothing to the overall story IMO. It was really bad. But, they've all gotten progressively worse since the 1st one.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information