Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would love it...you have a great actress who can actually re-visit a character that she played some 10+ years ago. He taught her everything he knew...i think it could be pretty BA.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I would love it...you have a great actress who can actually re-visit a character that she played some 10+ years ago. He taught her everything he knew...i think it could be pretty BA.
      No, it is a cool idea but I would hope they would leave the movie alone. It is great on it's own merits. Plus, I want hollywood to do new original movies and less sequels. Especially those from a decade + in the past.

      Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Hannibal Lector, Darth Vader, Stansfield, The Joker, Keyser Soze would probably round out my top 5.
        after the dark knight the joker is by far my new favorite villian.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
          after the dark knight the joker is by far my new favorite villian.
          Im sure he is your favourite, but I think respect has to be given to the big boys on this one: Heath was great, but Im not sure im ready to put him on that "iconic" level of villain like Lector and Vader. Stansfield wasnt so much epic as he was just downright scary, and it was an incredible performance. That was one thing about TDK that bothered me: I understand it was a fantastic performance, but performances like Oldman put on in Leon were just as good. And as far as Keyser Soze goes, while, he inspired his own bit of slang, as "pulling a Keyser Soze" is a saying. Dunno, just my opinion, I love the Joker too, but there are more iconic villains out there.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • Hannible was good, Anthony Hopkins is one of my favorites actors...definately leaves me impressed after every film. Dont know the guys name but the guy who played Hannible in the original Manhunter was very good as well.

            Comment


            • Leger's Joker is a pretty unique situation. All those other villians were the only representations of that character, or at least the first. Heath Ledger gave one of the more interesting and dynamic presentations of a character that's been around since 1940. He's changed the character irrevocably.

              On top of that, Lector and Vader got multiple movies.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                Leger's Joker is a pretty unique situation. All those other villians were the only representations of that character, or at least the first. Heath Ledger gave one of the more interesting and dynamic presentations of a character that's been around since 1940. He's changed the character irrevocably.

                On top of that, Lector and Vader got multiple movies.
                very true i really would have loved to see Ledger do an encore of the Joker because i think his role was great.

                Comment


                • Nurse Ratchet.

                  The baddie from T2.

                  "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Letting thomas jane walk away from the franchise was literally the worst possible thing they could have done...Tommy Jane is badass

                    Ray Stevenson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thomas Jane

                    Comment


                    • Thomas Jane is from my hometown

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        Leger's Joker is a pretty unique situation. All those other villians were the only representations of that character, or at least the first. Heath Ledger gave one of the more interesting and dynamic presentations of a character that's been around since 1940. He's changed the character irrevocably.

                        On top of that, Lector and Vader got multiple movies.
                        He put on a great performance, but he certainly didnt change everything there was about the Joker. And it wasnt all Ledger. Give credit to people like Alan Moore, who wrote the Killing Joke, which practically personified the Joker ledger played. I know that it was Ledger who brought it to life, but it certainly wasnt HIM doing all of the creative work. Also, credit has to be given to people like Chris and John Nolan, and David S Goyer, for both telling Ledger how they wanted the role played and writing his dialogue for him. Ultimately, I know the performance was Ledger, but just because we had never seen THAT joker on screen before, didnt mean he didnt exist in the comics.

                        And I agree that while the other two got multiple movies, if not for tragedy, The Joker would have gotten multiple as well...

                        it is a unique situation, and I understand the outstanding performance that was put on, but I also think that there is alot of source material that is there that is equal to what guys like Hopkins had to work with for Lector.

                        Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        Ray Stevenson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thomas Jane

                        Im a huge fan of continuity in a series...nothing annoys me more then seeing an actor/actress switched mid series, even if it is an improvement...and Tommy Jane did a decent job with the first punisher, why mess with a good thing? Give tommy jigsaw to work with in the next one and see what happens...ray stevenson just doesnt do it for me as the punisher.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                        Comment


                        • You tell me where that Joker is in the comic books. I've read The Killing Joke, and while it's a great comic book it's a totally classic if slightly perverse side of the Joker. Moore perhaps gave a depth to the relationship between Batman and Joker that was heavily present in The Dark Knight, but there's no way his Joker played too heavy an influence in the role.

                          I stand by my statement. The latest movies take on ther Joker has forever changed the way people will approach the character. I'm not saying everyone will from here on out copy Ledger's portrayal, but it was such a drastic and unique perspective of the villain that no one can ignore it.

                          As for crediting the directors and writers, where did I ever say that Ledger deserved all the credit. We're not discussing which people influenced Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs or James Earl Jones in Star Wars. We're talking about the end result.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            You tell me where that Joker is in the comic books. I've read The Killing Joke, and while it's a great comic book it's a totally classic if slightly perverse side of the Joker. Moore perhaps gave a depth to the relationship between Batman and Joker that was heavily present in The Dark Knight, but there's no way his Joker played too heavy an influence in the role.

                            I stand by my statement. The latest movies take on ther Joker has forever changed the way people will approach the character. I'm not saying everyone will from here on out copy Ledger's portrayal, but it was such a drastic and unique perspective of the villain that no one can ignore it.

                            As for crediting the directors and writers, where did I ever say that Ledger deserved all the credit. We're not discussing which people influenced Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs or James Earl Jones in Star Wars. We're talking about the end result.

                            Well, in the "A Death in The Family" story arc, the Joker beats Robin to a pulp with a crowbar and leaves him in a warehouse with a bomb to be blown to smithereens...I think thats a strong departure from the classic "Clown Prince of Crime" Joker and is more along the lines of the Heath Ledger Joker, dont you think?

                            Im not trying to detract from the performance; it was a stunning piece of work, and it did revolution the way this generation views the Joker. That said, just becuase this generation no longer views the Joker this way, doesnt mean he wasnt always floating around the comics.

                            And I know you said that The Killing Joke didnt play a huge role in influencing Ledger, but Nolan handed Ledger the comic on the first day of filming...clearly, Nolan saw something in the comics that he wanted Ledger to put into this "new" Joker.

                            Again, you can call me an elitist, but it bothers me when a great performance like Ledger gave is overhyped and turned into some sort of trend by the people out there who havent SEEN any of these other great villains in movies. I clearly put Ledger in my top 5 villains of all time, and it isnt just you im going off on (because clearly you know more about this then most, having read The Killing Joke), but it frustrates me when people take something like this and turn it into something else. Maybe thats just me.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              Again, you can call me an elitist, but it bothers me when a great performance like Ledger gave is overhyped and turned into some sort of trend by the people out there who havent SEEN any of these other great villains in movies. I clearly put Ledger in my top 5 villains of all time, and it isnt just you im going off on (because clearly you know more about this then most, having read The Killing Joke), but it frustrates me when people take something like this and turn it into something else. Maybe thats just me.
                              Not to be blunt but Heath died and his performance got put on a pedestal. Yes, it was a good job on his part but top 5 villains of all time? I can't say I agree with you there.

                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                                On a better note, I don't know how it took me so long to see The Professional, but I just saw it this weekend. WOW, what an amazing movie. Talk about amazing acting by a 14 year-old because Natalie Portman may have done one of the best child actings I've ever seen.
                                You should be slapped for not having seen that movie sooner, don't make me find Mr. Queermo.

                                Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                Gary Oldman > Everyone else in that movie. He has to be one of the top villains of all time.
                                Oldman was incredible, although I loved Reno in that one. That said I'm a pretty big Reno fan. Oldman's just a good villain, I mean he was ******* awesome in the 5th element which was a very bland action film.

                                Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                Nurse Ratchet.

                                The baddie from T2.
                                Nurse Ratchet was a great villain.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information