No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a heads up but Cool Runnings is currently airing on TBS. Do it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I loved the first two but this? ...why hast thou forsaken me?
      it looked kinda cute
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Anyone wanna throw me out a great action movie?

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          Anyone wanna throw me out a great action movie?

Looks action packed.
          Last edited by Bruce Banner; 11-25-2008, 02:16 AM.

Comment

action/horror genre...really good stuff.

Comment

assault on precinct 13th was a decent action movie that popped into my head.

Comment

• Clint Eastwood can still kick your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                  Just a heads up but Cool Runnings is currently airing on TBS. Do it.
                  Got that on DVD lock son.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• same Star Trek trailer but now with Old Spock.

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/st...ernet_480p.mov

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                      i really liked that trailer

Comment

• I have seen Ready to Rumble way too many times considering how bad it is.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• All right, I'll try not to give away any spoilers if possible. I'm going to preface this by saying everything here is my opinion and if you disagree, you can go suck a big one. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (will henceforth be referred to simply as Button) is just simply astounding. In the 166 minute run time, it takes you through the fascinating life of an odd man. Surely if you are reading this I don't need to tell you the plot, so I'll omit that. Brad Pitt gives one of if not the best performance of his life as the titular character. The role itself is already an odd one for any actor who's skilled at his craft, but Pitt nails it. He takes you on this roller coaster of a life that Button has, and because the movie is told from the perspective of his personal journal he does not exclude any detail. If he doesn't even get a nomination (which some Oscar critics are predicting) it will be a damn travesty. Cate Blanchett undoubtedly gives the best performance of her life, portraying Daisy. She is in this roller coaster of a life all the way through, as she is the love interest of Button. And we see her at a variety of aging, and all the way through she as well just shows her wide range of emotion and acting finesse if you will. She, on the other hand should take Best Actress easily. One of the best roles (and my favorite) in the film is that of Queenie, Benjamin's de facto mother. Played by Taraji P. Henson, she gives a magnificent performance, though her character on the surface seems like the typical sassy black woman, her character has so much depth whether it's her desperation for a child that leads her to take in Benjamin in the first place (due to her having apparent issues in conceiving). She absolutely deserves a nomination as Best Supporting Actress. And now to what really makes the movie, one of my favorite directors working in Hollywood today, David Fincher. To say this movie is gorgeous deserves a kidney punch, the visuals in this movie is breathtaking for lack of a better word. The CGI never feels too unnatural, and a lot of CGI is needed for the "earlier" years of Button. The cinematography is unreal in this movie, the places they found perfectly fit the era. The score seamlessly transitions you from scene to scene. The editing is beautiful, and the makeup for the movie is truly astounding. The movie itself just pulls at every heart string you have, and pulls some you didn't even know a movie could elicit from you. For everyone who sees this movie, I will pay you a nickel if you're not close to, if not in tears by the time the credits roll. Yes, I'll say it, I cried at least twice during this movie. The only real flaw to this move, is there are some unnecessary parts of comedic relief (given that it's such a serious movie), but it's a small flaw at that. The movie is amazing, and I for one will again be taking my silly little ass to the theater (along with all the friends that I can drag) on Christmas Day to watch the best movie of the year (so far for me, but I doubt anything will top it).

Score: 10/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Awesome. And what exactly are the critics predicting, that he will get a nomination or that he'll be snubbed?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                              Awesome. And what exactly are the critics predicting, that he will get a nomination or that he'll be snubbed?
                              Some are saying he won't even get a nomination, hence the travesty.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• That doesnt surprise me at all...I hate you even more for seeing it so early! It sounds fantastic and I will definately be going to see it as soon as it comes out.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information