Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    One, everyone knows the ending to Jedi. Two, I put FINAL/END above the other two. And three, quiet.
    Haha, I was kidding. Also, the ending to the Mist is known by like everyone now I feel. =P

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      Yeah once you see the movie, it not going to be anything but terror to your ears. I hate that song now.
      what, how can you hate that song, I love it and I love that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
        what, how can you hate that song, I love it and I love that movie.
        Read my other posts.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Read my other posts.
          I still can relate to a lot of the characters in the movie. And it's still awesome. Did you also hate spun? I mean I've never even held meth in my hands but as a general drug movie it's very easy to relate to and does that movie scare you aswell, maybe disturb is a better word than scare.

Comment

I still can relate to a lot of the characters in the movie. And it's still awesome. Did you also hate spun? I mean I've never even held meth in my hands but as a general drug movie it's very easy to relate to and does that movie scare you aswell, maybe disturb is a better word than scare.
            No i havent seen spun. It was just the way the film was actually filmed and edited. I was also under the influence of something while watching it, so the entire experience was highly disturbing for me. They did amazing job with what they were trying to accomplish, I just dont care to watch it all over again.

Originally posted by WMD
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

No i havent seen spun. It was just the way the film was actually filmed and edited. I was also under the influence of something while watching it, so the entire experience was highly disturbing for me. They did amazing job with what they were trying to accomplish, I just dont care to watch it all over again.
              different strokes I guess, because I love requiem, scanner darkly actually disturbs me more if we want to talk about drug films that strike a little too close to home, so to speak.

Comment

different strokes I guess, because I love requiem, scanner darkly actually disturbs me more if we want to talk about drug films that strike a little too close to home, so to speak.
                You'd probably be the first person I ever hear say that. Scanner is about becoming increasingly unsure of whether your reality is real and Requiem is about the creeping addictions in all our lives and how they intertwine with our hopes. Everyone questions their reality sometime, but I found Requiem far more human and unsettling than Scanner. Not to say I didn't love Scanner, but while it hit some things flat on the head, it's about a level of constant flux that doesn't quite resonate with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  You'd probably be the first person I ever hear say that. Scanner is about becoming increasingly unsure of whether your reality is real and Requiem is about the creeping addictions in all our lives and how they intertwine with our hopes. Everyone questions their reality sometime, but I found Requiem far more human and unsettling than Scanner. Not to say I didn't love Scanner, but while it hit some things flat on the head, it's about a level of constant flux that doesn't quite resonate with me.
                  Exactly, Requiem showed me that what i was doing at the time was wasting my life and potential. I hated it, but am thankful for it.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    As previously said I love requiem, it does a great job not only touching on addiction but how people lose focus when trying to pursue their dreams and leave themselves open to dependency, that said since I no longer abuse any substances with the potential for physical dependency losing my mind is much more terrifying than addiction. I know I have an addictive personality and have learned to manage, losing my ability to perceive what is and what is not real however is something that's become increasingly more concerning and something I have yet to tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Some random great scenes:

The Mist ending

Vader vs Luke in Return of the Jedi

Final scene in The Truman Show
                      Is the mist one a joke? I hope...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• How dare you mock a modern movie classic.

Comment

• hahahaha the mist has some of the worst acting ive ever seen. The ending is awesome.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

hahahaha the mist has some of the worst acting ive ever seen. The ending is awesome.
                            I'm trying to decide whether to watch that or Kopps before turning in so I can get some sleep before my final.

Comment

• Fargo: Mike Yanagita

Fargo: Mr. Mohra

Clerks: Berserker

Boogie Nights: Rahad Jackson

Magnolia: Opening

Other Ones I Can't Find:

Little Miss Sunshine : Body Smuggling
                              American Beauty: Brad Dupree Scenes
                              Big Lebowski: Funeral Home

Too Many To List Really

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

hahahaha the mist has some of the worst acting ive ever seen. The ending is awesome.
                                Uhh, there really isn't any bad acting in The Mist.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information