No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get a chance see this movie. It's excellent. Ron Howard is a great director and the acting is great.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

If you get a chance see this movie. It's excellent. Ron Howard is a great director and the acting is great.
      I really like Ron Howard but I mean The Davinci Code. Really? Did he really need to direct that horrible ******* film and do such a piss poor job.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing Frost/Nixon.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I have high hopes for Frost/Nixon and I look forward to seeing it as well. Another one I very much look forward to is Milk which has won a few critics awards so far. I think both are almost locks for best picture noms.

Comment

• Sorry movies I've never heard of, this takes the cake:

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              If you have read a lot of Stephen King novels he tends to kind of have these great build ups in his books and them seems to rush the ending with either something really out of the ordinary from the plot or something just really dumb. I think the Mist was just a bad ending.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                I really like Ron Howard but I mean The Davinci Code. Really? Did he really need to direct that horrible ******* film and do such a piss poor job.
                I am telling you, Gonzo, it's fantastic. I love the way Howard did this one. It's really good especially since I have seen those DVDs with the original tapes of this interview. I wont say award worthy, as I need to see it again before saying that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I am telling you, Gonzo, it's fantastic. I love the way Howard did this one. It's really good especially since I have seen those DVDs with the original tapes of this interview. I wont say award worthy, as I need to see it again before saying that.
                  Oh I have no doubt its great. I just saw my chance to bash the Davinci Code and took it.

Comment

Does the guy who plays Nixon's voice get annoying? It sounds soooo bad/off to me from the previews.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                      Does the guy who plays Nixon's voice get annoying? It sounds soooo bad/off to me from the previews.
                      Well considering that's how Papa Nixon talked, no.

Frank Langella has Nixon to a tee

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                        If you have read a lot of Stephen King novels he tends to kind of have these great build ups in his books and them seems to rush the ending with either something really out of the ordinary from the plot or something just really dumb. I think the Mist was just a bad ending.
                        The movie ending was different than the novella (and significantly better, might I add).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post

I completely disagree, the impersonation of his voice is way too thick.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            The movie ending was different than the novella (and significantly better, might I add).
                            I haven't read The Mist just saw the movie so that's good to hear. But King does do that in his books sometimes from what I have read.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post

I think Hopkins did a better impersonation of him, based on the trailer of Frost/Nixon only though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                I think Hopkins did a better impersonation of him, based on the trailer of Frost/Nixon only though.
                                Everything I am reading says Langella gives a spot on brilliant performance of Nixon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information