Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The past two days I've seen Beowulf and No Country for Old Men. Beowulf looks absolutely stunning in 3-D and has some excellent action scenes but not much else. And it really twists around the source material. I'd recommend it though simply for seeing it in 3-D.

    No Country for Old Men on the other hand, is a fantastic movie. It does have a bit of an open ending(which follows the book), but I loved the ending and overall the movie is probably my favorite of the year.


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      No Country for Old Men on the other hand, is a fantastic movie. It does have a bit of an open ending(which follows the book), but I loved the ending and overall the movie is probably my favorite of the year.
      No Country was excellent, and I highly recommend everyone go see it. But my favorite movie of the year would still either be, Ratatouille or The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

      BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • watched Transformers and SiCKO- transformers had amazing special effects and sicko really opened my eyes

        sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
          watched Transformers and SiCKO- transformers had amazing special effects and sicko really opened my eyes
          I love it when Michael Moore movies open people's eyes. Cause you know that at that same moment as people's minds open their brain's and objectivity close. Michael Moore has to be one of the most blatantly biased and deceitful makers of propoganda since riefenstahl. Even Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth was more objective and used less scare tactics...may be not, but still, moore's absurd, his movies make Loose Change and The Great Global Warming Swindle seem like actually documentaries.

          Comment


          • I saw Beowulf the other day as well, cant say I really liked it much. Was worth it though just for all the 13 year old chavs being like 'wtf' and leaving half way through.
            What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
            It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HChu View Post
              No Country was excellent, and I highly recommend everyone go see it. But my favorite movie of the year would still either be, Ratatouille or The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
              im going to see No Country today.

              I still can't wait till A of JJ b CRF comes out on video.



              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

              Comment


              • Anyone notice that all the characters in Beowulf all have their actors likeness except for Beowulf. Who is played by Ray Winstone...a.k.a. Mr. French. (The Departed) He got jipped...understandablly he doesnt have "the look" of an epic hero but, atleast all the other characters have some visual likeness to their actor that play them.

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by osi+ap=allshallperish View Post
                  I love it when Michael Moore movies open people's eyes. Cause you know that at that same moment as people's minds open their brain's and objectivity close. Michael Moore has to be one of the most blatantly biased and deceitful makers of propoganda since riefenstahl. Even Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth was more objective and used less scare tactics...may be not, but still, moore's absurd, his movies make Loose Change and The Great Global Warming Swindle seem like actually documentaries.
                  I don't really have a problem with Moore, especially his movie Sicko. What in that movie isn't true? Sure, he dramatizes some stuff but that is expected out of a filmmaker. He's trying to raise awareness for something and without making it dramatic nobody will take notice.

                  Comment


                  • 21

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkLZ0uIEoSE

                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478087/

                    Looks like it could be a good movie. I know the real story about this and it's definitely interesting. They obviously took some liberties with the story (I can tell from the trailer) but none the less this looks like a solid movie. I for one and pumped to see it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Moses View Post
                      21

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkLZ0uIEoSE

                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478087/

                      Looks like it could be a good movie. I know the real story about this and it's definitely interesting. They obviously took some liberties with the story (I can tell from the trailer) but none the less this looks like a solid movie. I for one and pumped to see it.
                      A smart "Rounders"?



                      <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                      Comment


                      • saw 3:10 to Yuma last night i liked the movie a lot Russell Crowe and Christian Bale where awesome, the only problem i had with the movie is that Luke Wilson was in it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                          saw 3:10 to Yuma last night i liked the movie a lot Russell Crowe and Christian Bale where awesome, the only problem i had with the movie is that Luke Wilson was in it
                          Luke Wilson, talk about a faltering career.



                          <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                          Comment


                          • Just finished "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", and I loved it. The screenplay itself was so unconventional and creative and the overall look of it was just so well done. Some may find Michel Gondry's stuff a little over the top, but I enjoy it. I'm probably going to get "The Science of Sleep" tomorrow, just to check more of his stuff out. Also looking forward for "Be Kind Rewind", whenever the hell it comes out.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              Just finished "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", and I loved it. The screenplay itself was so unconventional and creative and the overall look of it was just so well done. Some may find Michel Gondry's stuff a little over the top, but I enjoy it. I'm probably going to get "The Science of Sleep" tomorrow, just to check more of his stuff out. Also looking forward for "Be Kind Rewind", whenever the hell it comes out.
                              Eternal Sunshine was a good one. More tommorow.



                              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                              Comment


                              • What are some good movies, for WWII. I am going to be at home for break and want to uh get movies from the internet legally.

                                Got a list

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information