Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0631354/

Eddie Murphy and Shia Labeouf have been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, according to reports.

The Beverly Hills Cop actor will star as The Riddler and Labeouf will play the caped crusader's sidekick Robin in the next instalment, tentatively titled Gotham.

Actress Rachel Weisz is reportedly in the frame to play Catwoman. Christian Bale will return as Bruce Wayne and Michael Caine will again play his assistant Alfred, according to British newspaper The Sun.

The movie, which is slated for a 2010 release, will be directed by Christopher Nolan, who made The Dark Knight such a huge success when it was released this year.

A source says, Chris wasn't sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion. Eddie's a fantastic addition. Everyone's excited to see what he does as the Riddler..

I really don't want to believe this but IMDB News usually has fairly credible sources
    It would be true if Nolan had actually announced he was doing a 3rd Batman.

Stupid IMDB news reporting false crap that is getting everyone worried.
    Last edited by Brodeur; 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Any time there is even the faintest rumor, IMDb posts it as news. Don't listen to them until you hear it from the actual director.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        This sounds absolutely terrible...quite possibly the worst news movie-related that I have heard in a while...**** shia labouef and eddie murphy? REALLY? that was the best choice they could have made?

johnny depp? adrian brody? any reputable actor? christ, re-cast jim carrey before you cast eddie murphy.
        You don't think the star of such movies as Showtime, Norbit, Daddy Day Care, Dr. Dolittle 2 and The Adventures of Pluto Nash would be a good choice?

Seriously, Eddie Murphy used to be funny. Granted I was a toddler at the time, but what happened to the guy who starred in Beverly Hills Cop, Harlem Nights, 48 Hours, The Golden Child, Eddie Murphy Raw and Trading Places?
        Last edited by Crickett; 12-18-2008, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          You don't think the star of such movies as Showtime, Norbit, Daddy Day Care, Dr. Dolittle 2 and The Adventures of Pluto Nash would be a good choice?

Seriously, Eddie Murphy used to be funny. Granted I was a toddler at the time, but what happened to the guy who starred in Beverly Hills Cop, Harlem Nights, 48 Hours, The Golden Child, Eddie Murphy Raw and Trading Places?
          We dont want funny. The riddler was not a funny guy as portrayed by jim Carrey in that piece of **** movie Batman forever. I dont want any of those actors in my batman movie, and im not worried their going to be. This could be the worst piece of info ive read on TDK since Cher as catwoman.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post

He realized you make more money in films geared for younger audiences than you do in R rated films. It happens with every comedian. How else does George Carlin end up on Thomas the Tank Engine?

Comment

He realized you make more money in films geared for younger audiences than you do in R rated films. It happens with every comedian. How else does George Carlin end up on Thomas the Tank Engine?
              Because Thomas the Tank engine rocks. I take offense to your bashing of an amazing show.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• What a horrible person! I will never forgive Carlin! You shouldnt change chocolate to creamed spinach.

Originally posted by WMD
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I almost shat myself when I read that. Terrible.

Comment

Yes but Carlin continued to do stand up and did not change his routines to kid friendly stuff. I would never call Carlin a sellout because he remained funny until the day he died.

That is a horrible cast right there and I am almost positive that will end up being false. If it is true I have no hope for the next movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Yes but Carlin continued to do stand up and did not change his routines to kid friendly stuff. I would never call Carlin a sellout because he remained funny until the day he died.

That is a horrible cast right there and I am almost positive that will end up being false. If it is true I have no hope for the next movie.
                      Never called him a sellout just saying that it's easier to make money when doing projects geared for a younger audience

Comment

Never called him a sellout just saying that it's easier to make money when doing projects geared for a younger audience
                        I understand that but comparing Carlin to Murphy was insulting. Carlin is an all time great, Murphy was great for 10 years. Carlin could have done anything he wanted the past 20 years and he still would be considered a great because at his peak he was 100 times the comedian Murphy ever dreamed of being. I guess this is just my praises the ground Carlin walked on again and refusing to believe he ever did anything that wasn't brilliant.

Comment

• Considering Nolan said that Robin would never appear in any of his Batman movies this is already trash. And if he isnt returning to Direct and these are actors the studio wants in, then I will never so much as watch a trailer for it.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Considering Nolan said that Robin would never appear in any of his Batman movies this is already trash. And if he isnt returning to Direct and these are actors the studio wants in, then I will never so much as watch a trailer for it.
                            I actually could see him using Robin. People change their mind all the time and if he had a good way to use Robin I could see him doing it. I just don't think he would ever use Lebouf which is one of the reasons I don't believe the rumour. Nolan is not a hack like Spielberg and I doubt he would ruin Batman by putting trash like LeBouf in it as Robin. Plus like stated before if this were true Nolan would have announced it and it would be widely reported. When **** this big gets announced it is pre planned.

Comment

• I think Robin will be introduced in the next Batman film but he won't be the costumed sidekick we all know from the comic books.

Comment

I think Robin will be introduced in the next Batman film but he won't be the costumed sidekick we all know from the comic books.
                                As long as Robin isn't played by Chris O'Donnell

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information