No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, im about 90% sure that the Best Picture nominees for the Oscars will be

-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    -Slumdog Millionaire
    -The Dark Knight
    -Milk
    -Frost/Nixon

This is just based off of precursor awards and how they normally effect and/or shadow what ends up happening with the Academy.

I dont fully agree with these, but thats what my whole Award shindig is for I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
      At this point, im about 90% sure that the Best Picture nominees for the Oscars will be

-Slumdog Millionaire
      -The Dark Knight
      -Milk
      -Frost/Nixon

This is just based off of precursor awards and how they normally effect and/or shadow what ends up happening with the Academy.

I dont fully agree with these, but thats what my whole Award shindig is for I suppose.
      Interesting - I didn't think The Dark Knight would get the nod. No way it wins, though.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
        Interesting - I didn't think The Dark Knight would get the nod. No way it wins, though.
        If by no way you mean it definitely wins then I'd have to agree.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

At this point, im about 90% sure that the Best Picture nominees for the Oscars will be

-Slumdog Millionaire
          -The Dark Knight
          -Milk
          -Frost/Nixon

I think that with the buzz is has produced, The Wrestler will get in over either TDK or Frost/Nixon, neither of which deserve to be in there over The Wrestler anyways. I think that the Academy will make sure The Wrestler gets in...its just one of those movies they usually love.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            Movies like The Dark Knight won't come close to winning Best Picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              There is literally no way in hell I can see TDK winning best picture...to be perfectly honest, Ill be surprised if its even nominated, especially with the late rush of fantastic movies in december/january
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I don't think it should be nominated.. there are definitely 5 movies more deserving. Give Heath his love, but the movie shouldn't be in the conversation for best picture.

Comment

• Guys i was joking. Id like to see it get nominated by I understand even thats not likely.

Originally posted by WMD
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• So I watched Curious Case and I thought it was good but it was about 9 hours too long.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      I think that with the buzz is has produced, The Wrestler will get in over either TDK or Frost/Nixon, neither of which deserve to be in there over The Wrestler anyways. I think that the Academy will make sure The Wrestler gets in...its just one of those movies they usually love.
                      I think The Wrestler deserves a nod, but its getting no love in the precursors for Best Picture. Rourke, Tomei, and Aronofski are getting their proper due, but for some reason as a movie, its not getting a lot of love. Honestly, Id expect The Reader and Doubt to both be ahead of The Wrestler on the Academies short list at this point.

I think Frost/Nixon is a lock, and has been a lock for a while. I doubt it wins, but I think its an absolute lock for a nod. TDK got the oh so coveted PGA Nod, and usually the Producers Guild nods mirror the Academies. Plus its a chance for the Academy to get back on the Publics good side :D

Comment

I think The Wrestler deserves a nod, but its getting no love in the precursors for Best Picture. Rourke, Tomei, and Aronofski are getting their proper due, but for some reason as a movie, its not getting a lot of love. Honestly, Id expect The Reader and Doubt to both be ahead of The Wrestler on the Academies short list at this point.

I think Frost/Nixon is a lock, and has been a lock for a while. I doubt it wins, but I think its an absolute lock for a nod. TDK got the oh so coveted PGA Nod, and usually the Producers Guild nods mirror the Academies. Plus its a chance for the Academy to get back on the Publics good side :D
                        It's probably hard for the academy to really get behind a movie based on pro wrestling.

Comment

• So im going shopping for my Bday at best buy today, and I wanted to know what suggestions you guys have for movies. In bruges was only 9 bucks, Ive yet to see it and ive heard you guys praise it. Any ideas?

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            It's probably hard for the academy to really get behind a movie based on pro wrestling.
                            Lord of the Rings and The Dark Knight arent academy type films either.

But its not the academy, its all the precursors that are leaving it out atm.

Rourke will likely take home best actor, Tomei very well may take home Best Supporting Actress. And Aronofsky is a darkhorse for the Best Director. When those people get nods (and they will), and 1 or 2 of them win (and they will), saying the Academy simply isnt fond of wrestling wont really be a legitimate argument to me.

Comment

Aronofsky is a darkhorse for the Best Director
                              If he couldnt get any significant noms from the Academy for The Fountain, I dont think The Wrestler will get Director.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                If he couldnt get any significant noms from the Academy for The Fountain, I dont think The Wrestler will get Director.
                                He wont win it (Fincher or Boyle, likely), but I think he has a solid shot at a nod.

Edit: I mean darkhorse for a nomination, not for the win.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information