Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
    Perhaps a more interesting discussion is which prequel episode is better - the lesser of three evils. And here I pick Episode 3. Again, forcefulness of conclusion.
    I have to say 2 because A. no Jar Jar B. Hayden isn't a completely whining little ***** yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      I have to say 2 because A. no Jar Jar B. Hayden isn't a completely whining little ***** yet.
      What? He's pretty freakin' whiney in Episode 2. Also, Jar Jar is in Episode 2 as much as Episode 3 (about a scene)

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

What? He's pretty freakin' whiney in Episode 2. Also, Jar Jar is in Episode 2 as much as Episode 3 (about a scene)
        yes, but not as much as in 3. So less Jar Jar in 2 than 1 = 2>1, and less whining Hayden in 2 than 3 = 2>3. That was my very simplistic logic. Plus the Storm Trooper factory is tight, although the battles on different planets when they assassinate Jedi in the 3rd is sweet as well.

Comment

• No love for the original Star Wars?

Comment

yes, but not as much as in 3. So less Jar Jar in 2 than 1 = 2>1, and less whining Hayden in 2 than 3 = 2>3. That was my very simplistic logic. Plus the Storm Trooper factory is tight, although the battles on different planets when they assassinate Jedi in the 3rd is sweet as well.
            Okay, fine. not an exact science.

But Yoda fighting Darth Sidious is the best part of 3.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              No love for the original Star Wars?
              see previous page, Mr. Dwayne Jarret

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Okay, fine. not an exact science.

But Yoda fighting Darth Sidious is the best part of 3.
                Obviously. He hobbles in with his cane, then decides he can use the force and jump around all nimbly bimbly.

Comment

• My favorite is the one without Samuel L. Jackson

Comment

Obviously. He hobbles in with his cane, then decides he can use the force and jump around all nimbly bimbly.
                    And Darth Sidious using a lightsaber. I also love the following convo, when the Jedi led by Mace Windu come to arrest Emperor Palpatine/Sidious:

Mace: "The Senate will decide your fate."

Sidious: "I AM the Senate!" (his voice is cool here)

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• I just like looking back and blaming Natalie Portman for everything. She put the emperor in power, she pissed off Hayden, if she would have just died or let the guys take over in the first, all this may have been avoided.

Comment

After the I hate sand diatribe? Really?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          After the I hate sand diatribe? Really?
                          huh? I do not follow.

Comment

I just like looking back and blaming Natalie Portman for everything. She put the emperor in power, she pissed off Hayden, if she would have just died or let the guys take over in the first, all this may have been avoided.
                            The lamest thing is that the most evil, powerful being in the entire universe came about because he couldn't handle baby mamma drama. seriously.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

The lamest thing is that the most evil, powerful being in the entire universe came about because he couldn't handle baby mamma drama. seriously.
                              hey, George Lucas just understands real life.

Also, after the 1st, who didn't know who becomes the emperor?

Comment

• I just got back from seeing Bride Wars. Went into it expecting a few laughs and it didn't disappoint. It's the kind of movie I would not have seen nor enjoyed I hadn't gone through all the drama of planning a wedding. Overall I give it a 2.5 out of 5. Not great but good enough to see as a date movie.

Oh Anne Hathaway has a pretty hot scene where she's dirty dancing on a stage in very skimpy clothes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information