Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by comahan View Post
    5. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
    4. Forrest Gump
    3. Quiz Show
    2. Pulp Fiction
    1. Shawshank
    This is my order.

    BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • I just finished Benjamin Button and I must say I was underwhelmed. It started off slow and the first hour kind of dragged on in my opinion. It got better and overall, it was a real good movie. However, my expectations were not met.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by P-L View Post
        I just finished Benjamin Button and I must say I was underwhelmed. It started off slow and the first hour kind of dragged on in my opinion. It got better and overall, it was a real good movie. However, my expectations were not met.
        I said it before, but Lisa Schwarzbaum from Entertainment Weekly says it best:

        Originally posted by Lisa Schwarzbaum
        An extravagantly ambitious movie that's easy to admire but a challenge to love.


        Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

        Comment


        • Well I loved it, so blah to you!




          Comment


          • Button was the best movie of '08, bar none. And it isnt even a competition in my mind.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Button was the best movie of '08, bar none. And it isnt even a competition in my mind.
              I definitely agree.


              The movie was so much better than I thought, and it's one of my favorite movies ever. I'm definitely buying that when it comes out on DVD.
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

              Comment


              • I know it was early in the year, but I hope people aren't forgetting what the obvious best movie of '08 was.








                Comment


                • I watched Taken last night. I thought it was good. Kind of like Man On Fire and reminded me a lot of Transporter.

                  Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by comahan View Post
                    5. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
                    4. Forrest Gump
                    3. Quiz Show
                    2. Pulp Fiction
                    1. Shawshank

                    Great list. Quiz Show is an awesome, underrated movie. John Turturro is ******* awesome. He is awesome in Quiz Show,The Big Lebowskie (don't **** with the Jesus!), O Brother Where Art Thou, and Secret Window. His best movie in which he has a main role is Barton Fink imo. He is great with John Goodman in that movie. He's pretty funny in Mr. Deed as well. He needs a chance at a good main role.
                    Last edited by nrk; 01-18-2009, 02:39 AM.

                    Sig by Hitman D.

                    Comment


                    • Anyone see My Bloody Valentine? Definitely the goriest movie I've ever seen.

                      Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
                      RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sdpads24 View Post
                        Anyone see My Bloody Valentine? Definitely the goriest movie I've ever seen.
                        No and I never plan on it, horror movie now days are complete ****. They aren't worth 7+ dollars to see on the big screen. If I wanted to see a movie for gore I would stay home and watch Faces of Death for free.
                        Last edited by nrk; 01-18-2009, 03:19 AM.

                        Sig by Hitman D.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nrk View Post
                          No and I never plan on it, horror movie now days are complete ****. They aren't worth 7+ dollars to see on the big screen. If I wanted to see a movie for gore I would stay home and watch Faces of Death for free.
                          You need to watch Let the Right One In if that is your opinion...while I agree partially, movies like Let the Right One In, The Mist, and even older movies like Session 9 and the original Saw beg to differ. Im not a horror buff myself, but the genre certainly has a storied past and has produced alot of good films.

                          I just watched This is Spinal Tap again, and I hadnt seen it in years. Without doubt one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. So ****** hilarious, and right up there with movies like Super Troopers and Anchorman for quotability. That reminds me, I have had an inkling to watch super troopers for a while. I need my Farva!
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            You need to watch Let the Right One In if that is your opinion...while I agree partially, movies like Let the Right One In, The Mist, and even older movies like Session 9 and the original Saw beg to differ. Im not a horror buff myself, but the genre certainly has a storied past and has produced alot of good films.

                            I just watched This is Spinal Tap again, and I hadnt seen it in years. Without doubt one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. So ****** hilarious, and right up there with movies like Super Troopers and Anchorman for quotability. That reminds me, I have had an inkling to watch super troopers for a while. I need my Farva!
                            I'm a fan of horror films (if they're good) but I haven't heard of Let the Right One in, I'll have to check it out. I loved the original Saw, but 2-5 (it is 5 right?) are just ******* terrible. It is no plot and just tasteless gore. While the Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloweens, etc. didn't have big plots, at least they didn't have a movie just for gore. I liked the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I haven't seen the new Halloween yet but I want to after seeing House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil Rejects. Rob Zombie has a hot wife.

                            Sig by Hitman D.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              You need to watch Let the Right One In if that is your opinion...while I agree partially, movies like Let the Right One In, The Mist, and even older movies like Session 9 and the original Saw beg to differ. Im not a horror buff myself, but the genre certainly has a storied past and has produced alot of good films.

                              I just watched This is Spinal Tap again, and I hadnt seen it in years. Without doubt one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. So ****** hilarious, and right up there with movies like Super Troopers and Anchorman for quotability. That reminds me, I have had an inkling to watch super troopers for a while. I need my Farva!
                              I'm a fan of horror films (if they're good) but I haven't heard of Let the Right One in, I'll have to check it out. I loved the original Saw, but 2-5 (it is 5 right?) are just ******* terrible. It is no plot and just tasteless gore. While the Friday the 13ths, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloweens, etc. didn't have big plots, at least they didn't have a movie just for gore. I haven't see The Mist yet but I have heard very bad things about it. I love Stephen King though. The Shining is one of my top 5 books and movies.I liked the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I haven't seen the new Halloween yet but I want to after seeing House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil Rejects. Rob Zombie has a hot wife.

                              Spinal Tap is a great movie.

                              Sig by Hitman D.

                              Comment


                              • I just got done watching Step Brothers and I have to say I am very disappointed. After seeing Talladega Nights and Walk Hard I became a John C. Riley fan and had high hopes for this movie. The first 30 minutes or so just isn't funny. The movie really isn't funny until after they become friends but it still really isn't that funny. Every other line just seems like a random line made up and every actor just forces it. It tries to use Anchorman humor every other line but falls on it's ass miserably. The ending is pretty damn funny I thought though.

                                Sig by Hitman D.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information