Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
    I know it was early in the year, but I hope people aren't forgetting what the obvious best movie of '08 was.

i believe that movie had like a kill count of 2 kills a minute or so

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Button was the best movie of '08, bar none. And it isnt even a competition in my mind.
      Interesting... I didn't like it as much as The Wrestler or even The Dark Knight. I have yet to see some movies (Slumdog, Milk, Doubt) but right now it sits solidly at #3 on my list for this past year. But I guess that's why people have different tastes in movies.

Comment

• i do think i like slumdog the best

Comment

• I watched WANTED and Pineapple Express last night... WANTED was pretty bad*** and Jolie is hott, like we didnt already know. Pineapple Express was pretty good as well I thought.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wanted didn't do anything for me. I don't see it in the same fun light as I did Shoot Em Up, which I really like, and I don't see it as a good movie. I remember thinking I was watching some weird mix of Fight Club and Office Space for the first 20 minutes, and then just action that didn't win me over. That's just me.

Comment

• Shoot Em up was awesome

Comment

I remember thinking I was watching some weird mix of Fight Club and Office Space for the first 20 minutes, and then just action that didn't win me over. That's just me.
                Dude, that's exactly how I felt. After the first 15 or 20 minutes or so I turned to my friend and said, "This reminds me of Office Space and Fight Club."

I was like the only one of my friends that didn't like Wanted.

I'm seeing MBV3D this coming weekend for free and I can't wait.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I want to watch 500 Days of Summer

With a cute girl.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I know it was early in the year, but I hope people aren't forgetting what the obvious best movie of '08 was.

I think more people die in that movie than the entire population of my town.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                      Great list. Quiz Show is an awesome, underrated movie. John Turturro is ******* awesome. He is awesome in Quiz Show,The Big Lebowski (don't **** with the Jesus!), O Brother Where Art Thou, and Secret Window. His best movie in which he has a main role is Barton Fink imo. He is great with John Goodman in that movie. He's pretty funny in Mr. Deed as well. He needs a chance at a good main role.
                      Or practically Turturro is great with the Coens. And everywhere else for that matter.

And I agree, Step Brothers wasn't good at all. I believe that and Semi Pro spells disaster for the McKay clan in the future

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                        I want to watch 500 Days of Summer

With a cute girl.
                        Joseph Gordon Levitt is a very underappreciated actor...one of the best young actors in Hollywood IMO. And Id watch Zooey Deschanel read the phone book. And apparently its a pretty good rom-com, thats the early word, so Id like to see it with a little hottie as well.

And the single best moment in wanted was when he cracks the guy with the keyboard and the broken keys spell out "**** You"...I actually burst out laughing in the theatre.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Joseph Gordon Levitt is a very underappreciated actor...one of the best young actors in Hollywood IMO. And Id watch Zooey Deschanel read the phone book. And apparently its a pretty good rom-com, thats the early word, so Id like to see it with a little hottie as well.
                          Eww, Zooey Deschanel. It's going to take A LOT to make me enjoy her after The Happening. JGL is the **** though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Zooey!

<3

Comment

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a very under appreciated actor.
                              Not to mention his choice in movies to act is in amazing. Surprised no one has mentioned him before, I am sure I have because Havoc, Brick and Mysterious Skin are so good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• i saw juno last night and i like it a lot

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                                <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                                <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information