Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HChu's Top Ten of 2008!

In Bruges

Just a really solid flick all around, beautiful dialogue and a really grabbing story. Colin Farrell gives a magnificent performance along with Brendan Gleeson. Though not in it very much, Ralph Fiennes steals every scene he's in.

Score: 8.5/10
    Last edited by HChu; 01-18-2009, 05:12 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
      You mean someone actually laughed while watching Tropical thunder? I thought that was movie was terrible.
      I thought it was pretty stupid funny, which I have no problem with. For the most part, I thought it was better than Pineapple Express. I refuse to rewatch Pineapple Express sober.

Comment

• I edited your poster hchu!

(it wasnt working, impawards doesnt direct link as far as i know)

Comment

Pineapple Express

Just a really great comedy, hilarious dialogue and cast. Seth Rogen and James Franco are a great duo, and just make me laugh. The two performances in this movie that stand out are Danny McBride, who absolutely kills every scene he's in. The other actor who stands out is Craig Robinson, who is killer in his role.

Score: 8.7/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
            I thought it was pretty stupid funny, which I have no problem with. For the most part, I thought it was better than Pineapple Express. I refuse to rewatch Pineapple Express sober.
            To be fair, Tropical Thunder did have some funny scenes like Ben Stiller acting out that movie.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
              To be fair, Tropical Thunder did have some funny scenes like Ben Stiller acting out that movie.
              I think they made too much of the movie before it was released, so expectations were high. But if you expected it to be crappy, I found it surprisingly funny in how dumb it was. Plus, Tom Cruise was actually entertaining in it, and I won't say that prolly ever about Tom Cruise.

Comment

• Thanks commie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Just a really great movie that people will forget because of its release earlier in the movie year. Outstanding performance by Jason Segel (Dracula musical is one of the best scenes of the year). Who doesn't give a great performance in this flick? Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell both just look amazing, and each have their great moments. To me though, it's obvious who has the standout role in this, and that's Russell Brand who just kills as Aldous Snow.

Score: 8.9/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  I think they made too much of the movie before it was released, so expectations were high. But if you expected it to be crappy, I found it surprisingly funny in how dumb it was. Plus, Tom Cruise was actually entertaining in it, and I won't say that prolly ever about Tom Cruise.
                  I totally forgot about Tom Cruise, he was funny in it. Jack Black is what really disappointed me. I think he was the least funny guy in that movie.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Speed Racer

Yes, Speed Racer makes the Top 10. Some of its fans say people will realize that this is a classic in about ten years, I think its a classic now. Aimed at more of a family audience, Speed Racer is out of the norm in the list of Wachowski movies, but it's their best. It just really doesn't set out to be some movie of perfect dialogue and acting, and that's why I love it. Despite its many flaws, it's ridiculously enjoyable. Emile Hirsch gives the standout performance of this film as the titular character, as the innocent, bright-eyed kid who doesn't realize the corruption of the racing world.

Score: 9/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wow. All I have to say is wow.

Comment

• Speed Racer ftw

Comment

• Speed Racer was awesome. Great list so far Hchu. The only movie I don't agree with really is Pineapple Express and that is only because I liked about 5 comedies this year more than it. Express would still crack my top 20. I am rambling. That is all.

Comment

• I didn't mind Speed Racer, but the acting was pretty bad and the story wasn't the greatest. I enjoyed the cinematography and presentation, but as far as an overall movie I would give it like a C.

Comment

Role Models

The best of the mature comedies this year, just an excellent movie all-around. Everything about this movie just connected with me, whether it's making fun of LARPing or it's using kids as the source of its comedic situations it just clicked with me. The best two performances in this movie come from Bobb'e J. Thompson, who's excessive use of cursing (for his age) just never grows tiring and forced, and his timing and tone is impeccable. The other performance (and one of my favorite of the year) is Ken Jeong as the king of the LARPing world, his delivery and timing are amazing and every single one of his lines is gold.

Score: 9.2/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

• You sure are generous with your scores.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information