Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HChu View Post

Role Models

The best of the mature comedies this year, just an excellent movie all-around. Everything about this movie just connected with me, whether it's making fun of LARPing or it's using kids as the source of its comedic situations it just clicked with me. The best two performances in this movie come from Bobb'e J. Thompson, who's excessive use of cursing (for his age) just never grows tiring and forced, and his timing and tone is impeccable. The other performance (and one of my favorite of the year) is Ken Jeong as the king of the LARPing world, his delivery and timing are amazing and every single one of his lines is gold.

Score: 9.2/10
    use that link

Comment

• Pineapple Express is not good.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I didnt like it that much either, but oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Pineapple Express is not good.
          I liked Pinneapple alot actually.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

The Dark Knight

What hasn't already been said about this movie? It's certainly not a top 5 movie of all time (damn IMDB), but it's a Top 5 movie of '08. Just great film all around, and I don't think I need to go into how brilliant Heath Ledger's performance was. And unless you've been living under a rock in '08, you've formed your opinion about this flick already so I'm just going to leave it at this.

Score: 9.3/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I didn't think it was great, it was ok. I will say this, James Franco is a fantastic actor and really should do more comedy.

Comment

Pineapple Express is not good.
                But we can both agree Speed Racer is the bee's knees.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                  But we can both agree Speed Racer is the bee's knees.
                  Yes we can. But what is that number above The Dark Knight? That's not a 1.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

its 5 in his ranking

Comment

I have a feeling this list is about to get real interesting real fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        its 5 in his ranking
                        I was only trying to mess around with him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I didn't see most of the "good" movies this year so my top 10 list of movies I saw would be laughed at.

Comment

• well, 1-4 are Slumdog, Button, The Wrestler and another one

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              well, 1-4 are Slumdog, Button, The Wrestler and another one
                              probably Wall-E

Comment

Slumdog Millionaire

Just a really beautiful movie, and a great story about growing up. Danny Boyle makes a great rebound from my most hated movie of last year, Sunshine, and back into my good graces with an excellent movie. Dev Patel is perfectly cast as Jamal, and gives a helluva performance. The character of Salim is one of the best of the year, just how layered of a character he is makes him so great. The best performance of this movie is given by Anil Kapoor, the host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire! Every scene he's in is inadvertently comedic gold. And how can you not love this films especially with the Bollywood-esque dance scene in the closing credits?

Score: 9.4/10

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information