Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I think I disagree with almost everything in this post. I think CCOBB was probably Fincher's weakest film since Alien 3 (which is not to say it's bad, but still) and I think The Wrestler is a much stronger overall film. As for Rourke, I think he gave probably the 2nd best performance of this decade (behind DDL in Gangs of New York).
    I agree with this. If anything is getting overrated I think it's Button. Visually it's amazing, however overall it's just "very good," not "great." There are at least 4-5 movies I enjoyed a good deal more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I would pay to see you two fight one another.
      He is a fat daywalker. *****. I would wipe the floor with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
        I agree with this. If anything is getting overrated I think it's Button. Visually it's amazing, however overall it's just "very good," not "great." There are at least 4-5 movies I enjoyed a good deal more.
        I also agree. Button is top 10 this year for me but I would not call it great. It was kind of a letdown. I still really enjoyed it but it is not top 5 for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          I think I disagree with almost everything in this post. I think CCOBB was probably Fincher's weakest film since Alien 3 (which is not to say it's bad, but still) and I think The Wrestler is a much stronger overall film. As for Rourke, I think he gave probably the 2nd best performance of this decade (behind DDL in Gangs of New York).
          Button was technically flawless. Fincher's progression as a filmmaker, maybe not in his material but his actual filmmaking, is astounding. Button may have moved to slow for many, but the film is one of the best overall technical films I have ever seen. Also, Brad Pitt's performance, while not as astounding as say, Rourke's, is one of the best of his career. Fincher's other movies may have been better overall, but I wouldnt sare say Se7en or even Fight Club is a better film technically then CCOBB.

As for Rourke, I could name 10 performances off the top of my head from the past 10 years that were just as good, if not better. But maybe thats just my opinion.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          I would pay to see you two fight one another.
          I dont even think you could call it a fight...Gonzo would stand no chance.

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          He is a fat daywalker. *****. I would wipe the floor with him.
          you shut your dirty whorish mouth i have gone over bigger to GET to the fight...
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Frost/Nixon was fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. I know I'm much more fond of it that almost everyone else, but I loved it.
            Oh I loved it too. The rapport between Sheen and Langella was amazing to me. I watched the original interviews on youtube and I thought they were pretty accurate. Plus with Sam Rockwell, Oliver Platt, and Kevin ******* Bacon, you really can't go wrong. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Btw I loved TCCOBB personally, but I'm also a huge fan of Forrest Gump, and I could see some simularities in how it was told and written.

It's a matter of opinion though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Just watched A Clockwork Orange last night, movie was awesome. In my top 5 for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                  Just watched A Clockwork Orange last night, movie was awesome. In my top 5 for sure.
                  Probably my favorite Kubrik right there, even though it's not as grotesque now as it was back then, still fun to read reviews from that era that couldn't get past the violence and sadism of Alexander De Large

Comment

• I first saw CWO a few years back and I still thought it was ****** up. I'm a bigger Full Metal Jacket fan though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      I first saw CWO a few years back and I still thought it was ****** up. I'm a bigger Full Metal Jacket fan though.
                      FMJ is great for the first half, the second half is less extraordinary, Clockwork to me a is a better movie from start to finish and I love what Kubrik was going for.

Comment

• Everything Malcolm McDowell says in CWO is freaking awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                          Everything Malcolm McDowell says in CWO is freaking awesome.
                          Gonna do the ol' in n' out. Real Savage

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Brodeur is going to stab me for thinking this, but I have the Reader as my 3rd favorite movie of 2008 behind Button and Wrestler.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                              Brodeur is going to stab me for thinking this, but I have the Reader as my 3rd favorite movie of 2008 behind Button and Wrestler.

You are Vincent in this scenario.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The Dark Knight could have been so much better if they just ended it at the scene where Batman finally catches the Joker, and he's hanging from the top of the building. It leave Two-Face alive and on the loose, assuming they take out that stupid phone call to Gordon, and gets rid of that entire end scene, which was pretty bad.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information