Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
    Tropic Thunder was surprisingly good. I really never planned on seeing it, but after some of the good things said on this board I gave it a chance. I really enjoyed it.
    It's a very different movie, definitely not what I thought it would be. It's supposed to be a comedy but I thought it was very well written, not the "laugh out loud" type stuff, more clever humor (well besides the part about Simple Jack).

It was a War Comedy, and I thought it was vey well done.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Tropic Thunder was surprisingly good. I really never planned on seeing it, but after some of the good things said on this board I gave it a chance. I really enjoyed it.
      Some parts were awesome, some parts were just flat out bad. The simple jack storyline bothered me, but i was pleasantly surprised by Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaghey. Besides RDJ, who enough has been said about i mean he got a ******* oscar nomination for that role, but Cruise and McIdiot were alot funnier then comedy guys like stiller and black IMO. Overall, not a bad movie, I enjoyed it enough that i might watch it again.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        It's a very different movie, definitely not what I thought it would be. It's supposed to be a comedy but I thought it was very well written, not the "laugh out loud" type stuff, more clever humor (well besides the part about Simple Jack).

It was a War Comedy, and I thought it was vey well done.
        It was so funny when Stiller killed that Panda. Then When he walked into the heroin factory and was like "All right, scene 67, P.O.W. camp." I hated Jack Blacks character though, they should have done something better with him. Tom Cruises character was hilarious, as was Matthew Mconaughey's.

Comment

• Black's character was really the only thing I didn't like about the movie.

Now I'm giving In Bruges a chance seeing as everyone who's seen it seems to rave about it.

Comment

Black's character was really the only thing I didn't like about the movie.

Now I'm giving In Bruges a chance seeing as everyone who's seen it seems to rave about it.
            In Bruges was my #2 movie of last year, behind Button. Such a surprising film, and absolutely spectacular. I bought it as soon as I could.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm no movie buff or anything like that, but is it possible to overdose on cliches? Because I think I just did while watching The Express...

Comment

Black's character was really the only thing I didn't like about the movie.

I still feel that people are overrating it a bit. It didn't really jump out to me as a great film. It was ok with quality acting, but I do not feel it is any where close to as good of a film as this board feels.

I'd give it a "B" as far as film ratings go.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I watched the first half of It last night after picking it up along with Swingers, Shaun of the Dead, and Dazed and Confused for 40 bucks (I was desperate for something to watch and without a computer most of the time I needed some new DVD's). It had been a while since the last time I saw it and I was not dissapointed. It is such a laughable awesome film. I think it helped that I did not have a clear mind when I put it on. Tim Curry has always and will always kick ass. I also watched Shaun and Swingers for about the 5th time each and they were as great as ever.

I found out last night that along with a Kevin Smith Q/A I am attending I am also going to be attending a film festival hosted by Mr. Smith. For three nights straight he will be at a movie theatre and each night two of his films will be shown with every one followed by a Q/A. The only two movies not at the film festival will be Jersey Girl and Zack and Miri which is understandable. It is going to be awesome watching all 6 movies in theatre in theatre and I am especially pumped about the first night which will be a double feature of Clerks and Clerks 2.

Comment

• I just saw The Express. Really good movie IMO.

Comment

• Finally watching Frost/Nixon and all I've gotta say is Nixon with the drunk dial for the ************* win.

Comment

• Hooray viral marketing

Comment

• Well that was cool. Sparked my excitement once again. Getting closer.
                          Last edited by SuperMcGee; 01-24-2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• damnit, I had forgotten how much I wanted to see that movie until I watched that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                              I still feel that people are overrating it a bit. It didn't really jump out to me as a great film. It was ok with quality acting, but I do not feel it is any where close to as good of a film as this board feels.

I'd give it a "B" as far as film ratings go.
                              I feel the same. Good movie, but borderline top ten of 2008.

Comment

• Fight Club is on A&E right now. It must be the 100 and something time I have watched it. I still have nothing on APS though who apparently has watched the movie every day of his life.

Oh and that viral video for Watchmen is glorious. I am so pumped about that movie. I will be at a midnight screening for sure. Dressing up as one of the Watchmen and watching the movie the midnight it opens FTW.
                                Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 01-24-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information