Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have Groundhog Day on DVD anymore. Lost it in a move

Comment

• Watched it today. I liked this one a lot. Josh Brolin is so dead on it's scary.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I don't know, I thought W. was pretty stupid. Brolin does a good job, to be sure, but it's a movie that had no real reason to exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          I don't know, I thought W. was pretty stupid. Brolin does a good job, to be sure, but it's a movie that had no real reason to exist.
          I thought it was funny but I watched it more for the acting than the plot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I honestly think Eagle Eye got a little too much bad criticism. Was it a predictable, over the top popcorn movie? Why yes it was but, I've seen much worse. I gotta say, I didnt hate it. The plot is insanly bad but again, the movie isnt what I would call really bad or anything like that...and as far as effects and chase scenes go, they kept me entertained.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I have been meaning to watch it for a couple years now but just two days ago I finally got around to watching Brick. It is such a fantastic film. I was able to by into the film noir story immediatly (something my friend could not do likely because he is a moron) I think because I love the very film noir Veronica Mars. Once I bought into the awesome dialogue I got completely into the story and characters and just had an awesome time watching the movie. I find is great that those involved were able to make Brick all off of money the raised on their own and for 500 grand because to me it did not look like a crazy low budget film at all. Anyways, everyone should give this film a watch.

Comment

• I just finished Milk and like others, I really didn't like it that much. Penn did a really good job (although I though his performance paled in comparison to Rourke's) and the acting was good overall, but that's about it. I felt that it was way too "preachy." Instead of just being told what had happened it seemed like Gus Van Sant was trying too hard to get a political agenda across.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  I just finished Milk and like others, I really didn't like it that much. Penn did a really good job (although I though his performance paled in comparison to Rourke's) and the acting was good overall, but that's about it. I felt that it was way too "preachy." Instead of just being told what had happened it seemed like Gus Van Sant was trying too hard to get a political agenda across.
                  See I hear that a lot. I am one of the few people I know who loved the movie. I had heard that Van Sant's direction got in the way of some great performances and I did not really find that at all. I was just a really big fan and it is in mhy top 5 of last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    I just finished Milk and like others, I really didn't like it that much. Penn did a really good job (although I though his performance paled in comparison to Rourke's) and the acting was good overall, but that's about it. I felt that it was way too "preachy." Instead of just being told what had happened it seemed like Gus Van Sant was trying too hard to get a political agenda across.
                    I totally agree. I have been saying that I disliked Milk since I saw it, and while I thought it was a good film, and MAYBE worthy of a best picture nom, Van Sant definately did not deserve a dest director nom. Absolutely not. There were alot of candidates this year who did a better job. Hell, put Nolan in there over Van Sant. I had my qualms with TDK, but I liked it a hell of a lot better then Milk.

To me, Milk was just trying waaay to hard to be a movie that the Academy would love. It seemed as though it was trying to be an "Oscar Movie", and that took away from the experience for me. Penn was wonderful blah blah blah. I didnt even like him that much. Milk is not in my top 5 from 2008, I dont even know if I would put it top 10.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Frost/Nixon and while it was a very good movie, I was a bit underwhelmed. Definitely a very interesting movie that I would recommend but for some reason I was expecting a lot more. Probably had something to do with the fact that I knew very little about the actual interviews themselves. Really loved Sam Rockwell's character.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                        Finally got around to watching Frost/Nixon and while it was a very good movie, I was a bit underwhelmed. Definitely a very interesting movie that I would recommend but for some reason I was expecting a lot more. Probably had something to do with the fact that I knew very little about the actual interviews themselves. Really loved Sam Rockwell's character.
                        Thats because Sam Rockwell is a god. The man can play anyone.
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Thats because Sam Rockwell is a god. The man can play anyone.
                          He was really the saving grace of Choke. I liked it more than most but without him that movie would =fail.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                            He was really the saving grace of Choke. I liked it more than most but without him that movie would =fail.
                            Sam Rockwell is one of my favourite actors in Hollywood. I will watch anything with him in it. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind is awesome. He is really one of those guys who rarely takes a lead role, but when he does, its always a studly performance. A really great actor, I almost always draft him in our movie competitions (unless some **** like Fisch steals him :D )

Comment

• Sam Rockwell as Charley Ford was win.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sam Rockwell>Ben Foster.

That just happened.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information