Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I watched Stop Loss tonight. I found it entertaining but I can see why critics didn't like it
    Hated, hated, hated that movie. And that's not disservice to what it was about.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (since I don't know how to put one in here)

"I don't wanna go back, I don't wanna go back...Ok I'll go back."

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      I could have watched Taken tonight but I didn't want to see it when that movie came out years ago when it was called Ransom.
      Yea, I could have watched Slumdog, but god knows its just an updated version of Quiz Show, so whats the point?

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        Hated, hated, hated that movie. And that's not disservice to what it was about.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (since I don't know how to put one in here)

"I don't wanna go back, I don't wanna go back...Ok I'll go back."
        He really didn't have a choice. That part didn't bother me. What bothered me is the fact that he seemingly faced no punishment. I understand he's a war hero and all but he committed at least 4 or 5 very serious military crimes

Comment

• Just watched Notorious and it was good. I thought that it could have been done a little better at some points, but definitely worth a watch. I love the part where he tells his teacher off lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
            Yea, I could have watched Slumdog, but god knows its just an updated version of Quiz Show, so whats the point?
            Quiz Show is such a bad ass movie.

Also, I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies. Are they worth it?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              Quiz Show is such a bad ass movie.

Also, I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies. Are they worth it?
              Well, 1 and 2 are fun in the sense that they - forgive me while i sound cheesy - have that sort of 'magical' feel to them. Thats not to say thgeyre great movies or anything. 3 is a pretty damn good movie. Probably the best. 4 and 5 are solid, not amazing, but worth a watch.

If nothing else, its worth a watch for all of the amazing actors in the supporting roles.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                Well, 1 and 2 are fun in the sense that they - forgive me while i sound cheesy - have that sort of 'magical' feel to them. 3 is a pretty damn good movie. Probably the best. 4 and 5 are solid, not amazing, but worth a watch.
                Wow, I didnt realize there were that many.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If you do decide to watch them, dont give up if 1 and 2 arent your cup of tea, they dump the director and get much darker from 3 onward.

Comment

• and Emma Watson gets sexier

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      and Emma Watson gets sexier
                      This.

And the kid actors start to not suck, also. Radcliffe was actually good in 5, i thought. Instead of just being a kid who looks like Potter and things happen around him, he was able to add to the movie.

Comment

• they do have a terrific supporting cast...Helena Bonham Carter ftw!
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I despised the 4th movie, but finished it because of her :O

Comment

• I don't think Emma is hot. Sometimes she gives off a boyish quality.

Anyways I got the new X Files from netflix yesterday in blu ray. It wasn't that great. I'm not a die hard x files fan, but I was hoping for man eating aliens.
                            INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              they do have a terrific supporting cast...Helena Bonham Carter ftw!
                              Helena Bonham Carter is probably the worst name out of everyone to mention as a supporting cast member. Ralph Fiennes, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, John Cleese and Maggie Smith are all a million times better than Helena (horribly casted in Sweeney Todd) Bonham Carter. Sorry for that last one commie, but that is how I feel.

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Helena Bonham Carter is awesome...

i dont think she was a horrible cast in Sweeney Todd, i really like her in the movie. but her husband Tim Burton directing the movie prolly helped
                                Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 01-29-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information