Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Michael Bay is far worse for the human race then Tyler Perry and Dane Cook COMBINED...Michael Bay is terrible.
    I'll watch a Michael Bay movie over Tyler Perry or Dane Cook movie/stand up/television show any day of the year.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Tyler Perry caters to a very specific audience and he's actually quite good at it. He's one of the most hard working men in all of show business. With that said, I don't like his stuff

Comment

• The thing I dislike about Tyler Perry is how everything is "Tyler Perry's....... blah, blah, blah".

I think it's pretentious and I hate all directors that do that. Brett Ratner does that too....
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0664637/

He-Man is coming back to the big screen!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            Tyler Perry caters to a very specific audience and he's actually quite good at it. He's one of the most hard working men in all of show business. With that said, I don't like his stuff
            i agree. he makes tv shows and movies which are catered to a black crowd, probably like gossip girls is catered to little rich spoiled brats. i do not like his stuff either, but i will give him credit for what he does because it does have worth to it---dane cook has no value at all.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0664637/

He-Man is coming back to the big screen!!!!!!

Ha, my favorite cartoon show growing up.

Comment

• Anyone else love this movie?

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post

Anyone else love this movie?
                  That movie was cool but I dont remember it doing so well in the theatres.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    That movie was cool but I dont remember it doing so well in the theatres.
                    It was extremely successful financially, not sure where you're getting that from. I did think that movie was a tad cliched and got really laughable at the end though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      not sure where you're getting that from
                      I thought that because that movie came out so long ago and the only thing I remember about it is when her face changed and they made fun of it in Scary Movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I saw Taken last night...

It was good - Neeson was Jack Bauer-esque. It was kind of like the final episode of 24 without bombs and stuff. Like if his daughter was kidnapped for the final episode.

(this coming from a guy who hates most of the Oscar-worthy movies, so TIFWIW. I love stuff like Hulk and Iron Man - just stuff that entertains me)

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                          I saw Taken last night...

It was good - Neeson was Jack Bauer-esque. It was kind of like the final episode of 24 without bombs and stuff. Like if his daughter was kidnapped for the final episode.

(this coming from a guy who hates most of the Oscar-worthy movies, so TIFWIW. I love stuff like Hulk and Iron Man - just stuff that entertains me)
                          I'm pretty sure Taken isn't being mistaken for an Oscar worthy movie. It's just a fun action flick like the others you named.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            I'm pretty sure Taken isn't being mistaken for an Oscar worthy movie. It's just a fun action flick like the others you named.
                            I think that is what he is saying. He likes movies like that, other people may not.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Apart from Pearl Harbor from what I have seen of Bay (especially recently) he doesn't try to be someone he's not as a director. He loves special effects and fast paced movies that keep you on the edge of your seat.

No the writing and character development aren't great and he is not going to win any Oscars but he's one of the best action/special effects guys out there. I respect him for that area.

JMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Yeah, but it's gotten to a point where the filler scenes in between the action are barely watchable anymore. It doesn't take much effort to knock off some mediocre dialogue to make you care somewhat about the characters before **** starts blowing up, but Bay's filler scenes are consistently awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information