No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars is officially being made into a movie. Great ******* news as the show is one of the most underappreciated, misunderstood, brilliant pieces of television in a long ******* time. This news is as good in my book as the Arrested Development movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      I think that is what he is saying. He likes movies like that, other people may not.
      Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

If you're just looking to be entertained for an hour or so (the beginning moves real slow), I'd go see Taken. If you want 7 Oscar Nominations out of the movie you're seeing, I'd send you another direction for sure.

Anyone here seen Notorious? I haven't been able to get in because they're real stingy about R-rated laws here, just wondering if it's even worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        Veronica Mars is officially being made into a movie. Great ******* news as the show is one of the most underappreciated, misunderstood, brilliant pieces of television in a long ******* time. This news is as good in my book as the Arrested Development movie.
        OH YEAAAAAAAAAA NEED A SIG!!!! omgz im excited :O

is there a release date?

Comment

• Just saw Taken. Good entertaining film. Liam Neeson is a badass mofo.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Yeah, but it's gotten to a point where the filler scenes in between the action are barely watchable anymore. It doesn't take much effort to knock off some mediocre dialogue to make you care somewhat about the characters before **** starts blowing up, but Bay's filler scenes are consistently awful.
            The Island I thought was actually a good movie.

Transformers I liked, but I didn't watch the TV series and I also see why movie buffs didn't like it, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• The Island wasn't very good. The concept was good, but the concept was stolen from a smattering of dystopian novels and movies. The actually script and plot were highly disappointing and the action was, quite simply, out of place.

And, I'm sorry, but Transformers was an unmitigated piece of crap for every single second that Megan Fox isn't leaning over an engine block.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                The Island I thought was actually a good movie.

Transformers I liked, but I didn't watch the TV series and I also see why movie buffs didn't like it, but I enjoyed it for what it was.
                Transformers gave us Megan Fox...that alone makes it difficult for me to completely hate it. However, I do think Bay is a douche and Transformers subjected us to 2 hours of Shia Labouf.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• You'll find a lot more people who like Transformers than those who don't from my encounters. I personally liked it....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• So, In Bruges is ******* fantastic. I can't believe I waited so long to see it.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks Collin Farrell would have kicked ass in The Departed?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                        Am I the only one who thinks Collin Farrell would have kicked ass in The Departed?
                        To be fair, In Bruges is honestly the first film I ever recall liking Farrell in. Ever. Could he have held his ground opposite DiCaprio and Damon? Somehow that doesn't seem likely.

Comment

• The Departed is completely bad ass without him. Just be happy that Mel Gibson isnt in it isntead of Baldwin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            To be fair, In Bruges is honestly the first film I ever recall liking Farrell in. Ever. Could he have held his ground opposite DiCaprio and Damon? Somehow that doesn't seem likely.
                            I didn't think he was bad in Pride and Glory... I feel like he plays a good dirty cop kind of guy (that sounded *****)... I'm not sure how he would have held his ground, but I feel like he would of been great in that roll.
                            Last edited by sbh15; 01-31-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Farrell couldnt hold a candle to either Damon or Dicaprio.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Colin Farrell is a very good actor, hes just taken ****** roles in ****** movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information