No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Farrell as well and I agree with commie.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Farrell couldnt hold a candle to either Damon or Dicaprio.
      Matt Damon isnt exactly an acting heavyweight. Hes good, but bleh. Id put him and Farrell in the same category. DiCaprio a bit above both.

Comment

• Farrell is much better when he actually has the Irish accent...otherwise, he's forgettable in just about everything else.

As for Damon, I disagree...he is a fantastic actor and I def. believe Dicaprio will go down as one of the better actors of all-time when his career is over.

I like Farrell but, I wouldnt put him on either of their levels.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-31-2009, 10:10 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          OH YEAAAAAAAAAA NEED A SIG!!!! omgz im excited :O

is there a release date?
          Not yet. I just read that Rob Thomas is working on a script and all of the actors have agreed to do it. Apparently Kristen Bell is making room in her schedule so the film can be shot within the next year. I would guess it will be released mid 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
            Matt Damon isnt exactly an acting heavyweight. Hes good, but bleh. Id put him and Farrell in the same category. DiCaprio a bit above both.
            I disagree. Matt Damon has always kicked ass. He was ******* incredible as far back as Good Will Hunting and The Talented Mr. Ripley.

Comment

• Fun movie fact, or well discovery/question;

Can anyone name the camera man to Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) in the bear scene in Anchorman?

He's a very well known actor and has been in a ton of movies (comedies) recently.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                I disagree. Matt Damon has always kicked ass. He was ******* incredible as far back as Good Will Hunting and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
                Hey hey hey, not calling him bad by any means at all.

Im more calling Farrell good.

I love Damon.

Comment

• Damon in Good Will Hunting FTFW.

Comment

• bumping this up...just because. haha.

Farrell is much better when he actually has the Irish accent...otherwise, he's forgettable in just about everything else.

As for Damon, I disagree...he is a fantastic actor and I def. believe Dicaprio will go down as one of the better actors of all-time when his career is over.

I like Farrell but, I wouldnt put him on either of their levels. He's a sporadic performer who def. is better when he uses that accent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Fun movie fact, or well discovery/question;

Can anyone name the camera man to Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) in the bear scene in Anchorman?

He's a very well known actor and has been in a ton of movies (comedies) recently.
                      Seth Rogan

Comment

• DiCaprio is awesome, but he wouldnt be nearly as consistently good if he wasnt Scorsese's muse. Again, im not saying hes not awesome, so no accusing me of calling him bad! >_<

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Fun movie fact, or well discovery/question;

I'm thinking Jimmy Stewart.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                            Seth Rogan
                            Winner winner chicken dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              To be fair, In Bruges is honestly the first film I ever recall liking Farrell in. Ever. Could he have held his ground opposite DiCaprio and Damon? Somehow that doesn't seem likely.
                              Farrell's done pretty well in some crappy roles, like phonebooth where he was great but the film was just painful and the role was pretty lame so it didn't really matter that he did well. I can't honestly remember ever watching a movie and thinking that Farrell was wasting a great role and more often I've ended up thinking that he could be doing so much more in roles. I really hope In Bruges gets him some chances to shine cause I think he's on Damon's level, which is to say a very good actor who can pump outside some exceptional performance but isn't just incredible all the time.

Comment

• I don't really agree. I thought that Farrell played as big a role in Phonebooth's crapfest as anything else. And even in Bruges he seemed like he was hitting the ceiling of his range of acting emotion at times.

I don't think he's anywhere near Damon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information