No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is really underrated.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

• This movie is in my top list. My favorite Bruce Willis movie other than Last Man Standing.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Probably my favorite movie of all time would be Braveheart...I love medieval period films. But the one I can watch over and over and over is Very Bad Things. I love everything about it, laugh out loud funny, and I love Jon Favreau, Daniel Stern, and Jeremy Piven is one of my favorite actors.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post

This movie is in my top list. My favorite Bruce Willis movie other than Last Man Standing.
          Great movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is really underrated.
            Its such an awesome example of neo noir cinema, and its even better because the film is aware of whats its limits are supposed to be and the traits its supposed to have, and it plays with them a little...not to mention, its absolutely hilarious. Great stuff.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Its such an awesome example of neo noir cinema, and its even better because the film is aware of whats its limits are supposed to be and the traits its supposed to have, and it plays with them a little...not to mention, its absolutely hilarious. Great stuff.
              there was a private eye but but no femme fatale. noir fail. For every protagonist in Neo-Noir films there is a femme fatale, Marla Singer played the part in Fight Club, KKBB had some noir elements but where was she? I guess harmony barely qualifies cause she kind of led them to their doom.

Comment

• It's hard to pick a true favorite...I'm not as crazy about "the classics" as most.

Love me some Goodfellas, the Departed, Memento, L.A. Confidential, Seven, and Resevoir Dogs.

That's how my top would shape up. The Departed may be my favorite ever, actually. It changes from time to time. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• In terms of enjoyment, rewatchability, loving the actors, story, and genre, and being good movies to boot, id say LOTR. Specifically 1 or 2. Not the hugest fan of 3, even though i think it has the best individual moments in the series.

Thats not to say I think LOTR are the best movies ever, or anything.

TWBB would be up there too, I cant express how much I love that movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                    In terms of enjoyment, rewatchability, loving the actors, story, and genre, and being good movies to boot, id say LOTR. Specifically 1 or 2. Not the hugest fan of 3, even though i think it has the best individual moments in the series.

Thats not to say I think LOTR are the best movies ever, or anything.

TWBB would be up there too, I cant express how much I love that movie.
                    3 hour movies don't have a lot of rewatchability to me. I rather just read the books because they're a lot better.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Not a fan of Tolkiens writing style. I can appreciate it, which I do, but Its just not something im a huge fan of.

So I prefer the movies.

Comment

• My all time fav!

Comment

• Memento, Requiem for a Dream, The Prestige, Fight Club, Reservoir Dogs, Seven Samurai, Old Boy, Idiocracy...

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            Do you guys have a "favorite movie"?

I don't. I would have a hard time picking just one. Though if you put a gun to my head, I might pick Raging Bull but for me, it is still to tough to chose just one.
                            Training day is probably my favorite movie, but Man on Fire is also up there. Basically anything with Denzel Washington.

Comment

• Just saw Taken. Very good action movie.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

• A movie that I'd like to add to my previous list would def. be Layer Cake. I absolutely love it. May not be on the same scale as the ones I mentioned before but, it's a movie that I'll never get sick of.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information