Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    all this pedo talk is starting to get to me.
    Get you in the mood?

Comment

• Well, Pineapple Express was...interesting.

It had it's moments but, i wouldnt say the comedy was consistant and the ending was just crap, imo. There def. was some truly funny material but, it starts and stops a real lot and borrows some of it's moments from Superbad...which is all fine and good considering they wrote that as well but, I kind of knew what was going to happen here or there, because we've seen it before in a different setting. The movie pales in comparison to Superbad but, it wasnt all that bad itself. So yeah, it was an above average to good comedy, imo.

edit...Also, I'm not really sold on Danny Mcbride yet. I mean, he's in damn near every comedy lately and they give him some good one-liners but, he kind of annoys the hell out of me at the same time.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-06-2009, 02:30 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Brick is on HBO in just under an hour...think i may stay up and watch it. It's on my "to buy" list so, I'll probably check it out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Well, Pineapple Express was...interesting.

It had it's moments but, i wouldnt say the comedy was consistant and the ending was just crap, imo. There def. was some truly funny material but, it starts and stops a real lot and borrows some of it's moments from Superbad...which is all fine and good considering they wrote that as well but, I kind of knew what was going to happen here or there, because we've seen it before in a different setting. The movie pales in comparison to Superbad but, it wasnt all that bad itself. So yeah, it was an above average to good comedy, imo.

edit...Also, I'm not really sold on Danny Mcbride yet. I mean, he's in damn near every comedy lately and they give him some good one-liners but, he kind of annoys the hell out of me at the same time.
          Funniest quote was in the begginning

"Private Miller, you've been smoking item nine for seven minutes and thirteen seconds. We're going to ask you several questions. How do you feel?"

"Ah well sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah."

Oh and I loved James Franco in the movie, he was hilarious.

Comment

• I had a friend who was James Franco to a tee in this movie...he didnt smoke pot, though...just always seemed like he did.

But anyway, I loved the lines...

"What’s down there, a ******* Rancor?"

"A dude, a lady, and a cop? That like a massacre, man! "

"I look like Hamburglar! And the Elephant Man!"

Also when Rogen throws up on Saul's printer.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I had a friend who was James Franco to a tee in this movie...he didnt smoke pot, though...just always seemed like he did.

But anyway, I loved the lines...

"What’s down there, a ******* Rancor?"

"A dude, a lady, and a cop? That like a massacre, man! "

"I look like Hamburglar! And the Elephant Man!"

Also when Rogen throws up on Saul's printer.
              I don't know why but a line I find myself saying a lot....

"I thought Hurricane season was over."

Comment

• The Rancor line was definitely my favorite. I just aboot fell out my chair laughing when I heard that in the theater.

It was great, when i went and saw Pineapple there were literally 4 other people there other than my buddies and I. So being loud and obnoxious was completely a-ok.

Comment

• Watching Brick...all and all, it's just one giant gimmick, really. That being said, it's very well done. The 40ish/50ish classic noir language did get to me after a while, though. It gets annoying, given the setting. I mean, I like Noir as much as the next guy, I guess but, it does get tired after a while, imo. Gordon-Levitt is very good as usual, I dont really buy him as this great brawler or anything, though...but, w/e. Writer/Director, Rian Johnson's talent is very evident. Makes me a little more interested in the Brothers Bloom.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Just finished Life of Brian. Loving these old movies being available free on demand.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I'm with ya M.O.T.H I thought Pineapple Express was an interesting movie. I personally was disappointed in it, I don't think it really knew what it was. A comedy, an action piece, etc...Franco was spot on but not one of my favorites, that's for sure.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        I'm with ya M.O.T.H I thought Pineapple Express was an interesting movie. I personally was disappointed in it, I don't think it really knew what it was. A comedy, an action piece, etc...Franco was spot on but not one of my favorites, that's for sure.
                        it knew what it was. seth rogen said he wanted to make a "stoner action flick" which is right on.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• The beginning of Pineapple Express was just awesome. They had guys in Diver suits to get him out of the room rofl. I really enjoyed the movie pretty much the whole time. Franco and Seth reminded me and my friend. My friend being Franco of course.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I didnt really like Pineapple Express...it had its moments I suppose. Franco was funny, but I felt overall, the movie was a huge disappointment. I like all of the other big comedies this year (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Zach and Miri, Tropic Thunder, Step Brothers) much more then Pineapple. Perhaps its my intense dislike of Seth Rogen when he is the exact same character in every single movie, which to me is a little tired at this point. Thats why I liked him in Zach and Miri much more then anything else, at least he doesnt just smoke pot the entire time.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                              Just finished Life of Brian. Loving these old movies being available free on demand.
                              "He has a wife you know. You know what her name is? She's called Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                I didnt really like Pineapple Express...it had its moments I suppose. Franco was funny, but I felt overall, the movie was a huge disappointment. I like all of the other big comedies this year (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Zach and Miri, Tropic Thunder, Step Brothers) much more then Pineapple. Perhaps its my intense dislike of Seth Rogen when he is the exact same character in every single movie, which to me is a little tired at this point. Thats why I liked him in Zach and Miri much more then anything else, at least he doesnt just smoke pot the entire time.
                                Those were big comedies of this year? Will Ferrel isn't the same character in every movie? I thought Step Brothers was easily his worst movie. They tried to have some wacky line be funny just about every other line. Tropic Thunder is completely overrated. The funniest moments were with characters in the movie who didn't have big roles. Ben Stiller and Jack Black were disappointing. I'll agree on Zach and Miri and I can understand the liking of Forgetting Sarah Marshall over Pineapple Express but the other two I strongly disagree with. It's all opinion though.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information