Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    I finally caught Into the Wild last night...loved it.
    I was a big fan of that book and that movie really let me down.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      I was a big fan of that book and that movie really let me down.
      wow- i loved the movie, i thought it should have been nominated for best picture last year over **** like juno

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
        wow- i loved the movie, i thought it should have been nominated for best picture last year over **** like juno
        What I didnt like about the movie is that there wasn't some girl he met that had a thing for him, that was added because I guess the writer(s) thought he needed a love interest and his family life wasn't that screwed up. Funny thing about his being stuck is that there was a river crossing bridge like a quarter-mile down the river from where he failed at crossing. They didn't stress at all in the movie that he really didn't know a whole lot about surviving on his own. Oh well, rant ends here haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
          Taken really surprised me, it wasn't a bad movie at all.
          Yea, it was a pretty good movie, surprised me a bit.

Comment

• More good news about "The Rum Diary"...Richard Jenkins signed on to star, and Aaron Eckhart is in talks at the moment...

Johnny Depp, Amber Heard, Richard Jenkins, Aaron Eckhart...

Very interesting cast if I do say so myself.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Am i the only one that does not find Donnie Darko a masterpiece...i mean come on #2 on the all time indie list! thats absurd- it was ravaged by critics, and i think has become a cult classic which is different

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                More good news about "The Rum Diary"...Richard Jenkins signed on to star, and Aaron Eckhart is in talks at the moment...

Johnny Depp, Amber Heard, Richard Jenkins, Aaron Eckhart...

Very interesting cast if I do say so myself.
                wow can any one say a best pic nomination guarantee...

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  http://www.empireonline.com/features...#50independent

Empire did a list of the top 50 Independent films. It is a good top 10 but anything in the top 20 can argued in regards to order I think.
                  No Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind makes me angry.

Comment

• I just bought Burn After Reading and Enduring Love for real cheap...now, I'm gearing up to get a bunch of movies off amazon in a few.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• http://blogs.indiewire.com/mattdentl..._band_trailer/

Observe and Report looks awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I just bought Burn After Reading and Enduring Love for real cheap...now, I'm gearing up to get a bunch of movies off amazon in a few.

Burn After Reading was solid, but it disappointed me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          Burn After Reading was solid, but it disappointed me.
                          i thought it was great until the ending...

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            What I didnt like about the movie is that there wasn't some girl he met that had a thing for him, that was added because I guess the writer(s) thought he needed a love interest and his family life wasn't that screwed up. Funny thing about his being stuck is that there was a river crossing bridge like a quarter-mile down the river from where he failed at crossing. They didn't stress at all in the movie that he really didn't know a whole lot about surviving on his own. Oh well, rant ends here haha.
                            That's what I hate about the movie. The fact that people that think this guy was a genious. He was just a huge tool. He had no ******* idea how to survive yet expected to survive in ******* Alaska. He deserved to die for being so stupid. Also I didnt like how they left out stuff about Ron in the movie that was my favourite chapter in the book.

Comment

• I just read about the new comedy with Paul Rudd and Jason Segal coming out in March. I can't wait. Paul Rudd is the man as everyone knows already.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                                That's what I hate about the movie. The fact that people that think this guy was a genious. He was just a huge tool. He had no ******* idea how to survive yet expected to survive in ******* Alaska. He deserved to die for being so stupid. Also I didnt like how they left out stuff about Ron in the movie that was my favourite chapter in the book.
                                Ron wasn't in the movie? I never saw the movie, but read the awful book that it was based on. I learned my lesson to not see movies from which I hated the book after reading and then regretfully watching Running with Scissors.

Originally posted by Halsey
                                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information